A few weeks ago Twitter made it official: the account verification service would open its doors this year. In fact, the platform has already opened the verification process to certain users. Until now, the company would only allow the verification of political profiles or those with membership in an organization or government. Since January 22 of this year , Twitter allows requesting the verification of the profile if we comply with the new conditions of the platform.
Wallapop’s brutal ukulele odyssey for sale Twitter thread
Requirements to verify the account on Twitter, what do I need?
Before proceeding with the verification of the profile on Twitter, it is convenient to know the new policies that the social network will apply from now on. According to the official blog of the company, only the following types of profile can be verified:
- Companies, brands and non-profit organizations
- Activists, organizers and other influencers
Given the current health situation caused by the coronavirus, the company has opened this requirement to the following profiles:
- Medical professionals during epidemics or other health and public health crises
- Organizers, supporters or founders of campaigns in support of human rights.
- Accounts of journalists and public security that report on natural disasters.
- Activists and leaders you are local politicians in times of protest or in connection with a notable cultural event (protests, struggles …).
If our profile does not meet any of these requirements, Twitter allows certain profiles to be enabled if they meet the following requirements:
Profiles with notoriety and recognition outside of Twitter
- If there is at least one profile in Google Trends with evidence of recent search activity.
- If there is at least one Wikipedia page with at least three external references to different and unaffiliated sources or that are directly related to the profile in question.
- If three or more prominent mentions are available within the 6 months prior to the request in news media that meet the Twitter News criteria.
- If it is a reference Leadership authority whose account or name of the owner has obtained a presence on an official website or web page associated with a recognized activism effort.
Profiles with activity outside of Twitter
- If the total number of followers reaches 0.1% of active Twitter accounts with more followers in the same country.
- If you are among the top 0.05% of Active accounts in the same country with the highest volume of conversation, based on mentions, on the growth rate of followers or on other internal signals.
- If the creation of a hashtag movement that is capturing a large volume of conversation and audience within a given community is credited.
Exclusions and reasons for resignation from Twitter
Twitter is not limited to the above criteria s to verify profiles. In fact, the social network has drawn up an entire exclusion list which includes some of the reasons why the platform reserves the right not to admit profiles in its verification program . The requirements are as follows:
- Consistent use of Twitter is demonstrated in the 6 months prior to the verification request.
- Twitter Rules are accepted.
- No content is posted with the intent to harass, embarrass or insult an individual or group, especially by reasons of race, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, religious affiliation, age, disability, medical or genetic condition, veteran status, refugee status or immigrant status.
- Content that promotes the supremacy of some of these criteria is not published.
Likewise, Twitter reserves the right I do not admit the following profiles:
- Pets and fictional characters, Except for those that are directly associated with a company, brand or organization verified in the social network.
- Parody, news sources, comments, fans and others.
- Accounts involved in the breach serious of Twitter’s policies regarding spam and manipulation of the platform (buying and selling of followers and interactions …).
- Individuals or groups associated with coordinated harmful activity, or hate speech postings, which may be defined by Twitter ad policies or with an international court or tribunal.
As a novelty to the previous verification process, Twitter has drawn up a whole page where several of the reasons are collected for which the social network was reserved to the right to remove profile verification (“remove verified badge”) . The points collected by the platform are the following:
- Intentional misrepresentation or deception to people on the social network by altering the profile’s display name or bio.
- Breach serious of Twitter policies.
- Repeat serious violations in publications through tweets, including including the following behaviors:
- Behavior or attitude that incites hatred.
- Abusive behavior or attitude.
- Glorification of violence.
- Integrity policy civic.
- Policy on private information.
- Policy regarding spam and manipulation of the platform,
The platform claims that removing d The Twitter verified badge for repeated violations will be evaluated on an individual case by case basis, whereas is not an automatic process .
So you can verify your Twitter account in 2021
If we meet all the above requirements, the process to verify our profile is really simple. First, we will have to go to the Twitter settings by clicking on Settings and privacy in the side menu of the application. Once inside, we will click on Account and finally on Request verification in the Account Information section, as can be seen in the image below.
After requesting verification, Most likely, the application will request a series of documents to verify the profile, such as a photograph of the DNI along with the information that proves that we are profiles that meet the verification requirements . Links to media, mentions on official sites, photographs, printed documents belonging to newspapers, books or magazines etc.
The verification option does not appear on Twitter
For the moment, the social network has limited its verification program to certain countries and / or users. In case the option does not appear in the application settings, we can always contact the profile of the social network in the country of residence (@TwitterEspana in Spain), either through a tweet or through the Twitter Direct Message option.
Other news about … Twitter