The Amazon smart assistant it is already integrated almost as a member of many families. In the end, Alexa ends up helping us in our day to day in many daily actions for which, although it is not completely essential, it makes them lighter. Whether you don’t have an Amazon smart speaker yet, or you already own it but don’t think you’re getting the most out of it, here they go. 20 Alexa commands you “need” to live more comfortably.
Best commands to use with Alexa in the kitchen
In the first place, we want to start with some of the actions that we can ask this assistant and that will help us, mainly, if we are in the kitchen:
- “Alexa, add tomatoes to the shopping list”: thanks to this command we can add anything we ask to a list in the Alexa app. Then, when we go to the supermarket, we will only have to open the application and cross out the different elements.
- “Alexa, set a 5 minute timer”: while we are cooking, especially if we have several things on the fire at the same time, it can be very useful to use a timer with this assistant. Also, you should know that you can create as many timers as you need.
- “Alexa, show me recipes for meat lasagna”: if you have a smart speaker with a screen, you can ask it to teach all kinds of recipes step by step.
- “Alexa, play El Output videos on YouTube”: as in the previous command, having an Amazon Echo Show you will be able to watch videos on its panel while you cook.
And, precisely, if you have one of these speakers and you want Make the most of it all its functionalities, we recommend that you take a look at this video that we made on our YouTube channel:
Alexa commands to help you in the bedroom
Another room in our house where the Amazon assistant can be very useful is in the bedroom:
- “Alexa, wake me up every day at 7 in the morning”: use Alexa to set alarms and forget your phone.
- “Alexa, play rain sound”: If you are one of those who have a hard time falling asleep, you can ask Alexa to play any type of relaxing music.
- “Alexa, turn on whisper mode”: something super useful if you sleep with someone and you don’t want to disturb your partner when you interact with the speaker.
- “Alexa, good morning”– This really is an Alexa command pertaining to your routines. Thanks to them you will be able to make that just by saying a phrase to the assistant this generates a chain of actions.
Essential Alexa features in everyday life
As we have already mentioned before, the Amazon assistant can help you in many tasks of life.
- “Alexa, flip a coin”– Choose heads or tails and flip a coin to make the decision.
- “Alexa, what is 17% of 119.99”: Alexa has a calculator complex, so if you need to do a quick calculation, it can be your great ally.
- “Alexa, tell me a random number between 1 and 15”: similar to the first command we were talking about in this section but, in this case, adapted to a decision that is not a question of “a” or “b”.
If you are concerned about the weather in your city or want to know the time anywhere in the world, this assistant is ready to help you:
- “Alexa, what time is it in Canada?”
- “Alexa, will it rain today?”
- “Alexa, what will the weather be this week?”
Of course, Alexa can also act as your personal assistant reminding you of any to-dos or appointments you need to attend:
- “Alexa, what do I have on the calendar?”
- “Alexa, add an event this Thursday at 4 pm”
- “Alexa, tell me my notifications”: This command, in particular, is quite useful if you make purchases on Amazon. By asking Alexa for this, it will read all pending notifications including orders that will arrive home that day.
Amazon’s intelligent assistant is a great ally if, once you have sat down on the sofa or in bed, you are too lazy to get up to get the remote control:
- “Alexa, turn on the TV”
- “Alexa, turn up the volume on the television”
- «Alexa, play the last chapter of The Boys«
To do all this it is true that you will need certain Alexa functionalities present on your television. If your Smart TV is not compatible with Alexa, we explain how you can use the assistant with any screen on our YouTube channel:
These are the 20 best Alexa commands you need for your day to day. If you want to learn everything that Alexa can do for you, you can take a look at the article that we dedicate to it on our website.