Today, as is tradition every Friday, has been a premiere day on Apple TV +. From new episodes of series to the return of others and a new documentary. All this after a week full of new announcements of new series and advances of others. If you want to be aware of what the platform offers, we recommend that you keep reading because we will review everything that has happened on the platform this week.
What’s new on Apple TV + this week
- Central Park: The particular musical series from the creators of Bob’s Burger returns with its second season, although at the moment it has only broadcast the first three episodes of this batch and will be broadcasting a new one every Friday.
- Fathom: deciphering the depths: a new documentary that comes to the platform to explore the unknown life of humpback whales from the hand of one of the world’s greatest experts on these creatures.
- Who is Carlitos ?: a documentary with which to go through the history of the creator of Snoopy and the rest of the Peanuts characters, without leaving behind the impact of these animations on all the generations that have enjoyed it.
- Mythic Quest: the series closed its second season with a bittersweet taste, since its renewal has not yet been confirmed and the end seems quite closed.
- Physical: the series released last week on the platform advances in this first season with the broadcast of its fourth episode.
- Lisey’s Story: The suspense miniseries based on the novel by Stephen King and created by JJ Abrams continues to advance with the broadcast of its fifth chapter.
- Cycles: the British comedy premiered the seventh episode of its second season, three weeks from the end. In this case, a third batch of episodes is confirmed for 2022.
- Home Before Dark: the serial based on a young journalist only 10 years old continues with the broadcast of its second season. Today’s premiere was that of chapter 13 (third of this season).
New releases coming to the platform
This same week it has been confirmed that Apple has given the green light to Laison, a new series that will presumably arrive in 2022 and that is classified as a contemporary espionage thriller in which suspense and drama are mixed. In the cast we will find, among others, Peter Mullan, César Gerard Lanvin, Daniel Francis, Stanislas Merhar or Philippine Leroy-Beaulieu.
In addition to this undated announcement, we remember that there are already confirmed other premieres on the platform for the coming weeks and months:
- Schmigadoon !: This musical series starring a couple of backpackers will hit the platform on July 16.
- Ted Lasso: the revelation series of the year and Apple’s most awarded will return with its long-awaited second season on July 23.
- The Art of Sound with Mark Ronson: A new documentary series that will explore the unknown in the music industry will hit July 30.
- Mr. Corman: This mix of drama and comedy based on the life of a frustrated teacher will have its premiere on August 6.
- CODA: This award-winning series at the Sundance Film Festival will finally hit the platform on August 6 with the moving story of a young woman trying to decide whether to continue to care for her family or pursue her own goals.
- Truth Be Told: New investigations will be conducted by Poppy (Octavia Spencer) in the return of this series on August 20.
- See: the ostentatious series starring Jason Momoa returns on August 27 with the broadcast of the first chapters of its second season.
- The Morning Show: The star series with Jennifer Aniston and Reese Whiterspoon will return for its highly anticipated second season on September 17.
- Foundation: the great production based on the novels by Isaac Asimov has been promoted this week with September as the release month, although no specific date has yet been confirmed.