The texts and titles in Final Cut are they the same?
Surely if you are starting to use Final Cut Pro to edit your videos you will have noticed that what most of us call text, in this editing program is identified as «Titles«. Therefore, whenever you want to add text to your videos you will have to click on the Titles icon located at the top left of the screen.
Know all the types of text you can add
As we have mentioned before, in Final Cut Pro there is a wide variety of text types that you can add whenever you want. Despite this, for many users this variety falls short, we will talk about that later. Now we want to tell you what are the options you have when adding titles to your audiovisual creation.
- 3D Cinema.
- Networking social.
- Thirds lower.
Also, within each of these categories, there are more subcategories that slightly modify the shape of the text so that the user has all the possible tools to display it the way they want. Obviously, whenever the user enters text in his video, he can modify a wide variety of parameters such as size, distance between letters, color, typography and a long etcetera in order to give every creator the opportunity to adapt to the maximum the text to your video.
Follow these steps to insert texts in your videos
Once you are clear about the type of text that you are going to want to introduce in your video, the only thing left is to do it, that is, to add it. As you will see below, this process is really simple so you will not have to worry about having any complications during it. Below you have each and every one of the steps that you have to follow whenever you want to put text in your audiovisual creations.
- Drag the cursor playback of the Final Cut Pro timeline to the point where you want to add the text.
- Click on the button «Titles and generators» in the upper left corner of the screen.
- If you want to explore all the available titles, click Titles in the sidebar, in case you only want to browse a specific category of titles, click on that category.
- In order to add title to the clip you have several options.
- Double click on the title so that it is placed in the position of the playback courses.
- Click on Edit, then on Connect title and then on Basic Title, with these steps you will be able to add a Basic Title in the position of the playback courses.
- Select Edit, then “Connect title” and finally Basic lower third, so that a title of this type is added at the position of the playhead.
- Directly drag the title you want to add to the exact position where you want the title to appear later.
With these simple steps you already have your title added to the clip you are editing, to enter the text and modify all the parameters that you have available, you just have to click on the added title and use the control Panel that you have available on the right side of the screen, where you have all the options to fully customize your titles.
Add more text options apart from the native ones
As you have seen, the amount and variety of texts offered by this professional Apple video editor is enormous. However, being used by professionals, in many cases it falls short, or simply, the user needs a type of text with a very specific animation, so they need to go outside of Final Cut Pro to find and install it in this editor. text.
In the same way that you can buy plugins with color corrections or different transitions, there are also plugins that what they provide you are more types of texts with different animations, so that users have at their disposal more tools if possible when carrying out all their ideas. As we have commented on other occasions, we recommend that you be very careful when downloading plugins for Final Cut Pro, for this we leave you the website of Apple itself where it recommends different very interesting options and that we encourage you to take into account in case you need it.
What effects do you have available for the texts?
In the same way that you can apply different effects and transitions to video clips, you also have different options to do the same with the titles that you add to your audiovisual creation. From modifying the appearance of the text itself to the transition with which it enters and leaves the clip, all of this can be modified and adapted to your needs.
So you can change the way your texts appear
There are different ways to modify the way in which the texts or titles that you add to your video appear in it. In this case, we are going to talk about the first one, and later in this post, we will talk about the second one. First of all, the easiest way to change the input and output transition of a text is to do it directly with the configuration options provided by the title itself. To do this, what you have to do is follow the following steps.
- Click on the title that you want to work.
- Activate the control panel.
- click in the first icon of the control panel, specifically the one in which a «T«.
- Click on «Animation Style«
- Choose one of the following options
- Slide Right.
- Slide left.
- Drop in.
- Squeeze Out.
- Swivel Zoom Down.
- Track In and Out.
- Tumble and Drop.
- Tumble Zoom Down.
- Tumble Zoom Up.
Use the effects and transitions of the videos
Finally, in addition to the different options that you have seen in the previous section, you can also use some of the transitions that you use for video clips, but in this case with the titles that you add. Obviously, they will not all have the same effect or be applied correctly, but a great majority if they are very usable at certain times, such as the «Dissolution» transition. In order to apply these effects or transitions to the text, the process is exactly the same as if you were to do it with a video clip. The steps are the following.
- Select the effect or transition what do you want to apply.
- Find what the title is the one you want to work on.
- Drag until the element you have chosen is placed above the title, be it a transition or an effect.
- Modifies parameters if necessary.