At the beginning of the 90s there were some phenomena that today we would call seriéfilos, and that affected several cartoon sagas. One of them was The Simpsons, for example, but another of the fundamental ones to understand those times had to do with the comics and four mutant turtles turned into ninjas. Surely you remember them because You still keep that “Cowabunga” spirit of the time.
Turtles are in fashion
The fact is that the rebirth of the ninja turtles video game has been going on for a couple of months on fire. And the fault lies with two releases: one we have already enjoyed, which is Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder’s Revengewhich is reaping incredible valuations for this recovery that makes the genre of the beat ’em up updating it to the new consoles, and on the other, a compilation of all the games that came in the 90s inspired by these characters for the most successful arcade games and consoles of the time, developed by a mythical company (in those days): Konami.
Thanks to Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Cowabunga Collection, we will be able to enjoy 13 games (beat ’em up and wrestling) that reached both the arcades of the 90s such as NES, Mega Drive, Game Boy and Super Nintendo. And when can you enjoy this wonder? Well, a few hours ago it was confirmed that it will be August 30 when it will be possible to take the controls of our PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X | S, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch to remember old times. With or without friends.
Barrage of classics to enjoy
All games in this Cowabunga collection they are versions identical to the originals, which has a special nostalgic value. The appearance and development have been left as they were, although some additions have been made that are already typical of these retro compilations. One of them is the rewind, to return to a point before the moment of losing a life, or after an error that compromises the entire game. We can also save the game at practically any time, which removes the possibility that existed at that time of having to return to the beginning of the level once dead. Something that, in 2022, practically does not exist in any game since few gamers we would accept it.
Of course the multiplayer is important and in certain cases, like the arcade versions, we can do it online so the four friends don’t have to get together to distribute mamporros through the sewers. As if that were not enough, the game will also have a complete art gallery that will delight the most fans of these Ninja Turtles.
Below you have all the games that this Cowabunga collection contains:
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Arcade)
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles in Time (Arcade)
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (NES)
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Arcade Game (NES)
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III: The Manhattan Project (NES)
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Tournament Fighters (NES)
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles IV: Turtles in Time (Super Nintendo)
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Tournament Fighters (Super Nintendo)
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Hyperstone Heist (Sega Genesis)
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Tournament Fighters (Sega Genesis)
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Fall of the Foot Clan (Game Boy)
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: Back From The Sewers (Game Boy)
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III: Radical Rescue (Game Boy)