The most veteran of PC games will remember the classic Myst, an adventure created through pre-rendered backgrounds that was a boom in its day and that has returned thanks to current technology. The drivers Adrenalin 21.8.2 they optimize Radeon graphics cards and AMD Ryzen APUs to enjoy Myst much better, apart from other novelties. Let’s see what they are.
AMD has just launched a new version of its Adrenalin drivers, with which they intend to solve several of the problems generated with old versions of them and optimize performance in the latest games on the market. In the case of Adrenalin 21.8.2, the benefited game is the new version of Myst that wins a 6% yield on the AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT compared to the previous driver version, 21.8.1.
Although it is not the only game that has received optimization improvements for AMD Radeon, Aliens: Fireteam Elite being the other game that has benefited from the new drivers. So you can kill more and better xenomorphs with your AMD graphics card.
The new version of Adrenalin not only brings optimization for Myst
Apart from the optimization for Myst the new version of Adrenalin means saying goodbye to a series of problems in certain games and problems, which should not have happened, but which are usually a typical side effect of graphics drivers.
- The problem that prevented starting a recording session when using the H.265 / HEVC codec with OBS with the AMD RX 6800 XT among others no longer occurs.
- In the split screen mode of F1 2021 the graphical artifacts that were produced are no longer visible.
- The Radeon Software application no longer crashes when trying to run in some cases.
- The erroneous light effects that occurred when playing Control on GPUs such as the AMD RX 6600 XT have been fixed.
- Ryzen Master no longer stops working when you update the drivers.
List of problems still to be solved
The following list of problems has not yet been fixed by AMD, but they intend to do so in future versions of their Adrenalin drivers.
- OBS continues to run in the background even after closing the application and thus closing the recording session.
- In PayDay 2 graphical errors are observed when using some RDNA 2 based graphics cards such as the RX 6800 XT.
- If we are playing Myst with an RX 6800 XT we may experience a black screen problem, which also occurs in Kingshunt. For now, AMD recommends turning off the Performance Graphics Overlay or Radeon Image Sharpening.
- Incorrect timing when playing video on AMD Radeon RX 500.
- Radeon Software may hang and stop working in some games that use the DirectX 11 API such as PUBG if we have multiple displays connected in extended mode.
- Playing Horizon Zero Dawn for a long time may cause driver problems or crash on the Radeon RX 6700 XT.
- Enhaced Sync gives some games or settings a black screen. At the moment AMD recommends disabling it if we have this problem.
- If we connect two screens of difference frequency and resolution to an AMD Vega it gives flickering problems.
As always, we hope that AMD will fix these problems as soon as possible and that the list of problems will not grow for the next version of their drivers, but will be reduced.