As is usual, AMD has released a new version of its graphics driver (this time we reached version 21.9.2) Radeon Software that improves the performance of the brand’s graphics cards for some games. In this case, it is the turn of WWZ: Aftermath, Diablo II: Resurrected and New World, Amazon’s acclaimed MMO, featuring performance improvements reaching 13% in Diablo II: Resurrected, where it had a good bottleneck so far in its AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT.
The release of this version of the AMD drivers coincides with that of World War Z: Aftermath, so that fans of this type of “Zombie Survival” game will be able to enjoy the best possible performance from the first moment with their AMD Radeon graphics cards. . It is as usual in AMD a Beta driver (and not WHQL), but its installation is recommended if you intend to play the games mentioned above.
Goodbye to the bottleneck in Diablo II with AMD GPUs
Regarding Diablo II: Resurrected, AMD has said that this new version of its driver provides up to 13% additional performance when playing at 4K resolution with the graphics settings on high using an AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT (compared to the previous driver 21.9.1), a title in which these graphics of the brand had a notable bottleneck until now; AMD has not disclosed the FPS that we can get, only the performance increase, but a two-digit improvement is certainly something to take into account.
On the other hand, the company also adds support for WWZ titles: Aftermath and New World, guaranteeing the best performance and compatibility to reduce the chances of having problems in these two titles.
The company has also enabled the auto overclock tool for users of Ryzen 5000 Series processors in combination with Radeon RX 6000 Series in these controllers (previously, in the previous version many users encountered problems to be able to use this feature).
Fixed issues in this version
- In Radeon Software, the additional CPU metrics section within the Performance tab disappeared for some users.
- Some users received an error message when trying to load a saved profile from the personalization section.
- In Hitman 3, some Radeon RX 6800 XT users had an issue that was water disappearing in some game scenarios.
- The Auto Overclock feature disappeared for some users with Ryzen 5000 CPUs and Radeon RX 6000 Series GPUs.
- Open Broadcaster Software could continue to run in the background even after the user finishes recording and closes the application.
- The driver can experience timeout errors when playing a game and streaming at the same time with RX 500 Series GPUs.
- AND Radeon software may hang when playing DirectX 11 games like PUBG when using multiple monitors in extended mode.
- Playing Horizon Zero Dawn for long periods of time can result in a driver error that closes the game with Radeon RX 6700 XT GPUs.
- Enhanced Sync can cause the screen to go black in some games and hardware configurations. AMD recommends disabling this feature if it happens to you.
- Performance metrics can report extremely high values intermittently.
- In AMD Link for Windows, intermittent gray frame corruption may be observed when streaming with HEVC on certain hardware configurations. AMD recommends using AVC encoding instead.
The new AMD driver is now available both on their website and automatically if you already had Radeon Software installed on your computer.