The German company AVM has launched the FRITZ! Box 6850 5G, a router equipped with the most advanced technology in the sector that stands out for offering a high degree of compatibility, which makes it a high-performance off-road solution capable of adapting to any use scenario, and to the needs of any type of user.
One of the most interesting and important new features introduced by the FRITZ! Box 6850 5G from AVM is the 5G network support with sub 6 GHz frequencies. It is also capable of working with the most frequent LTE-Advanced Pro frequencies, which means that with it we can enjoy a high level of performance even when we cannot rely on a traditional Internet connection.
The AVM FRITZ! Box 6850 5G has a wide range of connections, is compatible with Wi-Fi Mesh, which will allow us to use it to create a mesh network in our home or office, and can work as telephone switchboard and DECT base. It is also compatible with different home automation solutions, and integrates seamlessly with FRITZ! OS, which means that we will be able to access such interesting functions as advanced parental control, firewall and easy-to-create (and manage) guest access network, among other.
A look at the key specifications of the FRITZ! Box 6850 5G
The new from AVM is prepared to offer an excellent level of performance, but as we have anticipated one of its most important keys is found in its high degree of compatibility, and support.
To understand it better, let’s take a look directly at its most important specifications:
- 5G router with 4 x 4 MIMO up to 1.3 Gbps for the bands n1 (2.1 GHz), n3 (1.8 GHz), n5 (850 MHz), n7 (2.6 GHz), n8 (900 MHz), n20 (800 MHz), n28 (700 MHz) , n38 (2.6 GHz), n40 (2.3 GHz), n41 (2.5 GHz), n78 (3.5 GHz).
- Compatibility with 5G standalone and 5G non-standalone (3GPP Release 15).
- Internet access via 4G (LTE CAT-16 modem) up to 1 Gbps for bands 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 20, 28 and 32 (1.5 GHz), as well as TDD bands 38, 40, 41, 42 (3.5 GHz), 43 (3.7 GHz) ).
- Compatible with Dynamic Spectrum Sharing (DSS) and UMTS / HSPA + (3G).
- Dual AC + N Wi-Fi up to 1266 Mbps.
- Tool of smart alignment, which helps users determine the optimal location and best alignment of cell phone antennas.
- Two SMA connectors to install external antennas.
- Four Gigabit LAN ports and one USB 3.0 port.
- Telephone switchboard and DECT base for a maximum of six phones and support of home automation applications.
- Connection for analog telephone or fax.
- FRITZ! OS: with Wi-Fi Mesh support, parental control, media server, FRITZ! NAS, guest access to the wireless network, MyFRITZ! and much more.
Through the official AVM website we will find more information about the new FRITZ! Box 6850 5G, although for now we do not know the final price for sale in Spain, so we will have to wait. We will update this article if we receive more information.