The most widely used desktop operating system in the world is Microsoft’s Windows, no doubt about that. But that does not mean that it is a perfect software or that it is exempt from problems and failures. Now we are going to talk about some precautions to take at the desk so that Windows is not affected.
When we install this mentioned software for the first time from scratch, in most of the occasions it is characterized by smooth and smooth operation. But with time, use, installation and uninstallation of programs, this is an idyllic situation that changes. It is something that we notice in a negative way with the following months or years of using Windows. That is precisely why Microsoft offers us certain restoration functions of the system itself in order to recover its initial operation.
But many times we are already used to certain configurations or we have the necessary programs installed. At this point, this reset that we are talking about can be a bit uncomfortable. With this, what we really want to tell you is that we can take some previous measures in order to optimize the operation of the software. It is true that over time we can notice that Windows is slower and slower when carrying out certain operations. This is something that directly affects both the daily work with the PC and the start up and shutdown.
Keep in mind that the desktop is one of the most used elements of the Microsoft operating system. But despite this we should take certain precautions for use since in certain circumstances Windows could be negatively affected.
Keep Windows sharp with these desktop changes
This is precisely what we want to focus on now so that you avoid these usual movements on the aforementioned desktop.
- Empty the desktop as much as possible: so that you can get an idea of everything we are telling you, the first thing we must do is avoid filling the desktop with icons, files and shortcuts to this element of the system. This is a common practice in many cases that is not recommended at all.
- Avoid large files: in fact, we can specify that on the Windows desktop we sometimes directly place files that we want to access quickly. This can become a serious error that will affect the performance of Windows. We tell you this because at the same time it is not recommended to place large files, whether they are photos, documents or videos directly in this section.
- Set light backgrounds: Another common use of this Windows element is to set a desktop background in the form of an image. Normally we want it to look good, but it is not recommended to use images that are very heavy. It is good that they are of quality, but we must bear in mind that the operating system must load that background in memory, so we must take care of the space that the disk occupies.
- Use shortcuts, not executables: The use of executable files, that is, in .EXE format in this section, is something that we must avoid at all costs. Instead, what we recommend is to create shortcuts, not too many, to those programs.
- Don’t change the background every so often: It is interesting to know that we can set various wallpapers to be automatically changed on the Windows desktop. For this we can use our own images and establish a time lapse between each change. Well, here it is always preferable to establish a long temporary space so that the smooth operation of the system is not affected.