The return of a classic
The Bose QuietComfort 45 mean the return of a classic and a tough rival for its direct competitors. Because the previous Bose QC35 II have managed to maintain their composure and pulse very well to models such as the popular Sony WH-1000 Mark IV, Apple’s AirPods Max and even the Bose Noise Canceling Headphones 700 from the same company.
Now with this model, which is renewed where it matters and preserves those aspects that many continue to value in the same way as when they were presented, they will surely once again position themselves as one of the most attractive options on the market for those looking for headband, wireless and wireless headphones. with a noise cancellation system that does not disappoint. Although there are some other details in this version that you should know.
An iconic design that remains
When Bose launched the Bose Noise Canceling Headphones 700, a model that we were able to review here and that surprised us with great sound quality, a very capable noise cancellation system, and a sleek, robust design; Some of us thought that the design of the QC35 series had come to an end.
However, with the presentation of these new Bose QC45 it is shown that he still has a lot to say. And that may not sound good to some, but for those who have tried it, it surely means the opposite. Because one of the greatest virtues of the Bose QC35 and QC35 II was undoubtedly their comfort of use, especially for long periods of time.
Thus these new Bose QC45s stay pretty much the same and you have to look for the small differences and the subtle details to see that there are different things. Like, for example, the seams and folds of the padded areas that have been eliminated or the reduction of the spaces between components with smoother transitions, etc.
However, in the images they are better appreciated and if you know the previous version you will be able to appreciate the news. But keep the idea that they are the same, because if something as iconic as this design not only made them easy to recognize but also comfortable on a day-to-day basis, why change.
Available in two colors, Triple Black and White Smoke, if you like them, all you have to do is choose which model you prefer. The black one will always be cleaner, but the other one is very striking.
Bose sound quality and two playback modes
Although the Bose QC35 II sounded very good, with a very Bose sound and equalization, the truth is that it needed a tune-up on technical issues. Especially since the Bose 700s proved to sound very good, enjoy a very efficient noise cancellation system and a number of improvements in use that were worth bringing to this new model.
The Bose QC 45 have a sound quality comparable to the Bose 700, which means that they will be an option to consider by any audio lover. Although now two adjustments are incorporated that in turn will be the only ones: Quiet and Conscious mode.
- The quiet mode combines the use of microphones that have been placed both inside and outside the earpiece to detect, measure and respond to unwanted sounds in the mid-range frequency. That means that it eliminates those noises like those you can hear in a commuter train, offices, cafeterias, etc.
- The conscious mode on the other hand, it is the one that will allow you to listen to everything that sounds around you. Something that when listening to your music or any other audio and video content is important, especially if you do not want to miss some type of call or notice when you are traveling, etc.
In addition to improvements that affect playback sound, there are also improvements that affect voice isolation for easier-to-hold conversations. This is useful if you are in a noisy environment where your voice is not captured well by the phone’s microphone.
Regarding the handling and use with mobile devices and other players, say that:
- The physical buttons allow it to be easy to control and accurate compared to other touch buttons used on some current models
- There is not only buttons to control playback, also for common tasks such as answering or ending calls if you pair it with the mobile, of course
- Through the Bose Music app you can enjoy the multipoint connection with other Bluetooth 5.1 compatible devices
- It also allows headphones to be paired with Bose sound bars thanks to the SimpleSyncTM technology
Still, as you can see, technically the product has improved remarkably.
Battery for 24 hours a day
Today the charging capacity of a battery is important. If you do not offer an appropriate number for the price of the product and what is expected of it, the rest will be of little value.
This time Bose introduced a battery that allows 24 hours of use. It is a good figure that is completed with a charging system through USB C that in two hours is capable of going from 0 to 100% or enjoying three hours with only 15 minutes of charge fast.
Price and availability
The new Bose QuietComfort 45 will go on sale September 23 and will be priced at $ 329. about 349 euros if the price relationship with other models is taken into account.
They are expensive? Well, first and foremost and for those who are looking for something that does not prime or noise cancellation, design and comfort of use as well as experience, they are or may seem somewhat high in price. But then, on a day-to-day basis, they are valued and become an investment that quickly pays for itself.