Keep these tips in mind to create your presentation
Throughout your life, there will be many times when you will have to make a presentation to present any topic to an audience. On many occasions, users go crazy when it comes to making it original and attracting the attention of all viewers, either to get a very high grade in that subject or because, after all, you are representing the company to the one you work in front of hundreds of people.
This task, that of make an attractive presentation, it can be much simpler than you think. It is only necessary to take into account a series of advice or points key code to hook your audience and above all, make your presentation a few minutes enjoyable, interesting and productive for all those who are watching and listening to you. Here are a series of tips that you have to keep in mind when putting yourself in front of the computer and making your presentation with Keynote.
- Don’t enter a lot of text on your slides. The more text you enter, the more you force people to read your slide and pay more attention to the screen than what you are telling, therefore, they will lose their attention on you and focus on the text.
- Use many images.
- Take care of them colors of the presentation. Use attractive combinations and that they create a good atmosphere.
- Be aware of the color of the text. Spinning with the previous advice, when putting text make sure that it has the correct color so that it can be seen and understood perfectly on the background that you have placed it.
- Capture the public’s attention both to beginning like half of the presentation. For this you can use some shocking data or tell a little story.
- Finish the form presentation may the public remember you. Again, it is vital to draw attention in some way at the end of the presentation.
- Adequate the vocabulary and how to speak to the type of audience you have.
Export your presentation in Keynote
One of the key points that the entire Apple work suite has is that, once you have made the document, in this case the presentation, but it can be extrapolated to the rest of the applications in the suite, you can export it in different formats depending on how you want to use it later. This, among other things, has made it easier for many users to be able to use Keynote, but then generate a document that is in Power Point format so that other users who do not work with Apple applications can open said presentation on their respective computers. This is exactly what we want to talk about now, the different formats in which you can export your presentation.
These are the available formats
This step is very important since, after all, the format in which you decide to export your video will mark the compatibility or not of your file with other applications. It will even mark the way in which you are going to make the presentation. A clear example is that, if you have entered any audio or video track, you will not be able to export it in PDF format since these will not be reproduced, you will have to do it in Keynote, Power Point or Video format, for example. Therefore, we invite you to meditate before exporting your presentation, which is the best option for you, for the content and for the way in which you want to carry out your intervention later. Below you have a list of the different formats that you have available to export your presentation.
- Power Point.
- GIF animated.
- Keynote ’09.
Habitually The most used how can you foresee they are PDF, Power Point and the format of Keynote. However, there are many other really interesting options. Crowds of users use the Apple application to make presentations as a tool to create images which are later posted on different social networks. Like you can also export your presentation in format HTML to be able to open that presentation through a web browser. You can also generate GIFs animated that they are able to bring a smile to everyone who sees it. In short, and as we have already mentioned before, you have at your disposal enough alternatives to be able to fully adapt your presentation to different situations.
Transform your presentation into a video
One of the most interesting formats when it comes to exporting your Keynote presentation is to export it as a video. Now we will see the different configuration options that, of course, you can customize based on your needs. However, once again, we invite you to think very well about the appropriate format to export your presentation, especially depending on how you want to do it before the public. Here are the steps to follow to transform your Keynote presentation into a video.
- Once the presentation is finished, click File.
- Click on «To export to…«
- Select, among all the alternatives, the option «Video«.
- Customize the setting of the video you are going to export. You can choose the style of the reproduction, if you want the video to be generated only within an interval of slides, the time that there will be between one slide and another, in the same way, the time that there will be between one composition and another, and for last, the resolution of the same.
- When you have modified, or not, all the parameters of your video, click on «Next«.
- Name your video, choose the labels you want it to have and, finally, select the Location where you want the file to be saved.
- Click on «To export«.
Exporting your presentation as a video has a number of advantages and disadvantages that you have to take into account if you choose this option. One of the «drawbacks» is that you will have to rehearse the presentation a lot since, after all, you have to adjust to the time that you have marked for the transition from one to another, on the other hand, if you manage to do it correctly , the result will be really fantastic since the coordination between what you say and what is shown on the screen will be perfect without you having to touch a single button. Another drawback is that you cannot customize how long the video will be kept on a slide individually, so if you want to talk for a longer time about the content of one of the slides, you will not be able to do so. That is why it is very important that you make the right decision when choosing the format in which you are going to export your presentation.
However, as we have discussed before, this Apple software is not always used exclusively for presentations. In fact, surely, the option to export a keynote document in video format is designed for other situations in which the video is better suited to the objective of the user who performs it.