The firm D-Link has presented the EAGLE PRO AI, the first integrated system to create a Wi-Fi Mesh network based on the new Wi-Fi 6 protocol in a simple and versatile wayas it consists of a neutral router (D-Link R15), 2 or 3-unit desktop extender node kits (D-LinkM15-2 or M15-3) and is completed with a traditional wall extender (D-Link E15).
All of these D-Link products are compatible with each other, which means that you can define the extent of Wi-Fi coverage in the manner most suitable and best adjusted to the space in which we are going to use them, since in some cases the ideal point to extend the coverage could be a corridor free of obstacles, in which case we would use the wall extender, but in others it may be ideal to place the Wi-Fi amplifier on a shelf.
As expected, we can use a router as the ideal starting point of the network, either the neutral router (D-Link R15), or we can also use one of the nodes of the desktop kits (D-Link M15) configured in router mode.
The D-LinkEAGLE PRO AI series uses the Wi-Fi 6 standard to create a state-of-the-art wireless connection, and offers speeds of 1,500 Mbps. To this we must add the technologies of the new protocol, such as OFMDA, 1024QAM and bidirectional MU-MIMO. On the other hand, the D-Link EAGLE PRO AI ecosystem is much more than a standard Mesh network, since it integrates an advanced AI (artificial intelligence) engine with four main keys:
- AIMeshOptimizer: Create a mesh network with the desktop or wall extenders and the router, in which we will automatically connect to the closest extender. It adds to the usual mesh systems the learning of the position of each node or access point to improve the performance of the signal between them and better focus towards the connected devices.
- AI Wi-Fi Optimizer: scans the radio frequency spectrum and channels to connect devices to the least crowded channels, a notable advantage over standard systems.
- AI Traffic Optimizer: monitor connected devices and their bandwidth demand (streaming, online gaming, video conferencing) to intelligently adjust prioritization with advanced QoS.
- AI Parental Controls: Parental control that allows you to manage, by device, the connection time and Internet access schedules.
- Free D-Link EAGLE PRO AI App for iOS/Android, the brain of the ecosystem, offers complete and advanced control of the network and all devices are installed, configured and managed from the app.
To the above we must also add the WPA3 encryptionthe possibility of create a Wi-Fi “GuestZone” so that the guests only have access to the Internet (and not to the rest of the computers or NAS that we have in the local network), which allows us to reduce their bandwidth. On the other hand, voice control through GoogleAssistant or Amazon Alexa allows us to voice enable that Wi-Fi «GuestZone» or reveal the password.
These are the products that integrate the D-Link EAGLE PRO AI ecosystem:
- D-LinkR15: Wi-Fi 6 router. 1,500 Mbps. 1 Gigabit WAN port and 3 Gigabit LAN ports. Its price is 64.90 euros.
- D-LinkM15-2: Kit of 2 desktop nodes. Wi-Fi 6 at 1,500 Mbps. Router + extender mode or extender mode from the operator’s router. Supports Ethernet Backhaul to use the LAN cabling already pre-installed in many homes and communicate nodes with each other via cable, which improves performance. It has a price of 137.90 euros.
- D-LinkM15-3: Kit of 3 desktop nodes. Wi-Fi 6 at 1,500 Mbps. Router + extender mode or extender mode from the operator’s router. Supports Ethernet Backhaul to use the LAN cabling already pre-installed in many homes and communicate nodes with each other via cable, which improves performance. It costs 199.90 euros.
- D-LinkE15: Wall extender, can be plugged into any wall socket. Wi-Fi 6 at 1,500 Mbps. Signal level indicator LEDs to facilitate its placement in the place where it still receives good intensity. Available for 66.90 euros.