Today EA had its highly anticipated EA Live conference scheduled, and as expected, the company was going to show new details of the much-anticipated Battlefield 2042. The presentation of the game has been quite a show, however, the big surprise was saved for the end. And what a finale.
The remake of Dead Space
It only took a few seconds for fans of the saga to find out that the cinematic we were seeing live was about Dead Space. Well, we are neither more nor less than the announcement of the first Dead Space, a version specially created for next-generation consoles (and PC) that will once again bring us the chilling atmosphere of science fiction survival horror that amazed the players back in 2008.
Once again we will return to the dark corridors of the USG Ishimura and we put ourselves in the shoes of Isaac Clarke, who, as the teaser has shown, will once again equip himself with the unmistakable suit that shows the level of health through LED lights at the level of the spine.
Some of the novelties that will be released in this new version made from scratch with the Frostbite engine are the following:
- There will be no loading times
- Limb dismemberment improvements
- Very faithful to the original
- Animations, 3D audio, visual effects and gameplay from scratch with Frostbite
Unfortunately EA has not communicated anything about the possible launch window or the status of development, so we will only have to wait until we hear something from space again.
Battlefield 2042 Portal: War on Your Own
The announcement of Battlefield has served to present Portal, a modality of game of personalized games in which we can practically do what we want. In Portal we can choose all kinds of maps, vehicles, weapons, number of players, game conditions and any aspect that comes to mind, giving life to absolutely crazy and hilarious confrontations. This is undoubtedly going to be a way that is going to generate a lot of community.
This new mode will introduce maps from previous Battlefields, being able to find the following maps:
- Battle of the Bulge (Battlefield 1942)
- El Alamein (Battlefield 1942)
- Puerto de Arica (Battlefield: Bad Company 2)
- Valparaíso (Battlefield: Bad Company 2)
- Caspian Frontier (Battlefield 3)
- Channels of Noshahr (Battlefield 3)
And this is all you can combine to create the perfect game in the Battlefield 2042 Portal:
- More than 40 weapons from 3 war scenarios.
- M1 Garand, Panzerschreck, G3, M416 and more
- We also include the All-Out Warfare arsenal from Battlefield 2042.
- More than 40 vehicles from 3 war scenarios.
- The Spitfire and the B17 bomber return alongside modern vehicles such as the quad and the Little Bird.
- We also include the variety of vehicles from All-Out Warfare from Battlefield 2042.
- More than 30 devices from 3 war scenarios.
- Recon items such as AVM and radio beacon will be available in the devices section next to the defibrillator and EOD robot!
- We also include the Battlefield 2042 gadgets.
- Classic factions will return to the Battlefield Portal just as you remember them, allowing you to mix and match 7 different armies from classic titles with specialists from Battlefield 2042.
- Armies such as the British, American and German of 1942 or the American and Russian from Bad Company 2 will appear exclusively on the Battlefield Portal.
- The return of the factions to the Battlefield Portal also means that we are recovering archetypes of soldiers that you already know from their respective titles. For example, the Battlefield 3 Assault, Engineer, Support, and Recon roles are returning to Battlefield Portal.