The streaming service of Disney Plus is on long tablecloths celebrating the second anniversary of its global launch. To celebrate big, they have organized a special event called Disney + Day, in which they will have different activities.
The Friday, November 12, The Walt Disney Company will host a global celebration that will come to life in all dimensions of the Company. “Disney + subscribers will receive new content releases on the service’s iconic brands, Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star wars, National Geographic and Star in the international markets, along with a special presentation on Disney + for fans with a sneak peek of what’s to come. “
Among the surprises that have been revealed, Disney will offer subscribers of the service exclusive promotions and experiences throughout the Company, from Disney Parks and Resorts worldwide and Disney Cruise Line which will roll out the blue carpet for Disney + fans with spaces to take pictures, to special offers in the online store.
Popular network shows and syndicated series will also join the celebration alongside talents and series on ABC, Disney Channel, ESPN and ESPN +, Freeform, FX, Hulu, National Geographic in the US and other proprietary channels abroad.
Disney + Opening Day will be a large-scale celebration of our subscribers across the company, ”said Bob Chapek, CEO of The Walt Disney Company. “This Appreciation Day brings to life our mission to entertain, inform and inspire fans and families around the world through the power of unparalleled storytelling, and will become an annual event that will scale across all of our global businesses. .
What premieres will Disney Plus have during Disney Day?
Disney + subscribers will receive new content releases on the service’s iconic brands Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and Star in international markets, along with a special Disney + presentation for fans with sneak peeks of what to come including:
- The streaming premiere of ” Shang-Chi and the legend of the ten rings “from Marvel Studios.
- Disney’s Family Adventure Movie ” Jungle cruise “, available to all subscribers
- The new Disney movie + ” Home Sweet Home Alone “, a reinvention of the popular Christmas franchise.
- A new original series of shorts from Walt Disney Animation Studios called ” Olaf Presents “, in which the beloved Snowman from Frozen retells several classic Disney tales as only he can.
- The national debut of Disney + streaming shorts Walt Disney Animation Studios fan favorites including “Frozen Fever,” the Oscar-winning shorts “Feast” and “Paperman,” the Oscar-nominated Mickey Mouse short film, “Get A Horse!” and more.
- A animated short film “Ciao Alberto” by Pixar, with characters from this summer’s hit animated film “Luca.”
- A new short of The Simpsons that pays tribute to the great brands of Disney +
- The first five episodes of the Season 2 of “The World According to Jeff Goldblum” by National Geographic
- A special celebrating the origins and legacy of the legendary Star Wars bounty hunter, Boba fett
- A special that celebrates Marvel Cinematic Universe on Disney + with an exciting look into the future.
- ” Dopesick “, an original series starring Michael Keaton, to be released in international markets as part of Star’s overall entertainment content offering.
Global launches in South Korea, Taiwan and Hong Kong
In honor of Disney + Day, the streaming service will make its debut in South Korea and Taiwan on 12th of November, and in Hong Kong on November 16, bringing iconic Disney characters and stories into the homes of new audiences around the world.