Streaming services, such as Disney Plus, They are in a constant battle, the competition is intensifying more and more with the increase in availability, which results in a decrease in demand, and the greater the supply, the more the acquisition diversifies.
In addition to the content, another key piece in this competition is the price, and Disney Plus You know, because apparently the company that owns the children’s catalog, stellar productions and new acquisitions such as Fox, would be thinking of offering part of its content completely free of charge.
Although it is true that Netflix had already made this proposal before, in which they offer part of their catalog at a lower price with advertising, Disney Plus it would be following in the same footsteps of the streaming giant, to stay within the competition.
For now, the ad-supported Disney Plus service could reach Kenya via Android mobile devices, in a trial version that, if successful, would be extended to more countries. Although for now, this project has not been confirmed.
Advertising for children
According to the statements of Bob Chapeck, CEO of DisneyHe explained that, although the possibility for the moment is ruled out, in the future they would think of ways to allow access to the Disney Plus catalog, in exchange for advertising, as is the case with Hulu, another of the multinational’s streaming services.
It is important to take into account the target audience of each streaming platform. In the case of Disney Plus, many children watch it. Therefore, the displayed advertisements would have to be significantly different from what we are used to.
At the moment we are happy with the Disney Plus monetization model, but that does not mean that in the future we will look at other income opportunities through personalized advertising models on our platforms.
New content on Disney Plus
As part of the Disney Day celebration, subscribers to Disney Plus received new content launches in the iconic brands of the service, Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and Star, among the contents I highlight the arrival of:
- The streaming premiere of ” Shang-chi and The Legend of the Ten Rings “from Marvel Studios.
- Disney’s Beloved Family Adventure Movie ” Jungle cruise “, available to all subscribers
- The new Disney + Original movie ” Home Sweet Home Alone “, a reinvention of the popular Christmas franchise.
- A new original series of shorts from Walt Disney Animation Studios called ” Olaf Presents “, in which the beloved snowman from Frozen retells several classic Disney tales as only he can.
- The national debut of Disney + in streaming of the short fan favorites Walt Disney Animation Studios, including “Frozen Fever,” the Oscar-winning shorts “Feast” and “Paperman,” the Oscar-nominated Mickey Mouse short film, “Get A Horse!” and more
- An animated short film “Ciao Alberto” from Pixar, with characters from this summer’s hit animated film “Luca“.
- A new The Simpsons short that pays tribute to the great brands of Disney +
- The first five episodes of season 2 of ” The world according to Jeff Goldblum “from National Geographic
- A special celebrating the origins and legacy of the legendary bounty hunter from Star Wars, Boba Fett.
- A special that celebrates the Marvel Cinematic Universe on Disney + with an exciting look into the future.
- “Dopesick “, an original series starring Michael Keaton, to be released in international markets as part of Star’s overall entertainment content offering.
Karaoke comes to Spotify: this is how the new “Lyrics” option works
WhatsApp will update its usage policies: how will it affect you?