AirTag can also be upgraded
Even if you don’t know it, AirTag is also updated. They have an operating system that is not as powerful as iOS, but from time to time Apple introduces small changes in operation, but yes, without great news. Thanks to the updates, AirTag will have certain improvements to optimize the operation and achieve the best performance for these small devices.
With the AirTag you can easily know where your things are. Thanks to its built-in speaker, you can ring the AirTag to find where you left it. It is very useful for keys, backpacks and even the wallet. It also occupies very little space, so you will hardly notice that you carry it in your belongings.
Steps you must follow
To update AirTag, you will have to follow a series of fairly simple steps, but first of all, you will have to know the firmware version you have, to know if you have to update or if you already have the latest version. They are very simple steps but there are people that you may not know or that you have not heard as much as the iOS or macOS update.
Check the latest firmware version
The first thing you have to do, as we have said before, is to check what version of the firmware your AirTag has. It is more than likely that it has already been updated by itself, but if you want to check it for yourself, you should follow these steps:
- Open the Find My app on your iPhone.
- In the bottom bar tap on Objects.
- Select the AirTag.
- Tap on the battery icon.
- You will see the serial number and firmware version that AirTag has.
The original firmware version with which the AirTag arrived on the market was 1.0.225. A short time later the update arrived and it was passed to version 1.0.276. It was launched on June 3, 2021 and it includes an important novelty: an AirTag without its owner will start to ring when between 8 hours and 24 hours have passed, before it was after 24 hours. This was one of the most important changes and one that users applauded the most. The latest update is version 1.0.391, which includes new features to prevent people from spying on you and you will also be able to more easily locate the AirTag you are carrying. This latest update arrived on April 27, 2022.
We have mentioned it before, and it is that the AirTag update process is quite unknown, since in the Search app there is no option to press to update the AirTag firmware as it does on the iPhone or Apple Watch. In other words, you cannot manually initiate an AirTag firmware update. But nevertheless, there is something you can do to try to force this updateas long as you’ve made sure it’s not already installed:
- Put the AirTag and the iPhone in the same room, close to each other.
- Open the Find My app on iPhone and check the firmware.
- Wait if you don’t have the latest version.
- The Find app does not need to be fully open.
- At some point, the AirTag will be updated.
This is the only way to update AirTags, it is the same process as with the AirPods. No one has found a trick to update AirTags faster and easier, you can only wait for iPhone to update AirTag firmware only.
What to do if you don’t get it
Sometimes you may not be able to update it at first or have a problem. There are several things you can do before you become alarmed that the AirTag is broken or damaged. They are quite simple solutions and with which you will ensure that everything is in order.
Try these tricks
- Enable two-factor authentication: For AirTags to connect to an iPhone or iPad, you must have two-factor authentication enabled. To enable two-factor authentication on your Apple ID, go to Settings -> your username -> Password and security. Lastly, make sure that ‘Two-Factor Authentication’ It’s on.
- Check that all connections are ok: For AirTag to work as expected, Wi-Fi, mobile data, and Bluetooth must work properly. If they have problems, the tracker will have a hard time connecting or working as expected. So if you’re still having trouble, try resetting your network settings. go to the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad and fuse over General. Now scroll down and select Restart. Then tap on Reset network settings. After that, enter your device password and click Reset Network Settings again.
- Factory reset the AirTag: If none of the above solutions help fix the problem, it’s time to factory reset the AirTag. To reset an AirTag, you have to remove it from the app. So open the Find app and go to page‘Elements’ tab. After that, select the AirTag you want to reset. Then swipe up to access AirTag settings and tap on ‘Remove item’. Finally, confirm this action by tapping ‘Delete’ again. Once you have successfully reset AirTag, reconnect it to your iPhone or iPad.
If none of this has worked and you still cannot update AirTag, it is recommended that you make an appointment with one of Apple’s technical services. There are several ways to contact their technical support. One of them can be by phone, which can be useful to resolve specific questions that may arise with your devices and even to carry out some remote checks to verify that everything works correctly. A specialized agent is the one who will give you support on the other side and who will make it easier for you to make an appointment at an Apple Store if the solution cannot be found through this channel. It should be noted that this phone is gratuitous. Although the service has limited hours.
Another way is through the web. As soon as you enter your page you will see that offer device support (iPhone, iPad, Mac, Apple Watch), but they also offer it for accessories like AirPods, services several such as App Store, Apple Music, Apple TV, Apple ID, iCloud, Apple Pay and even help with professional applications developed by the company itself such as Final Cut Pro X, Logic Pro X and others. The moment you access one of the options, for example the iPhone, you will find that you are given different possibilities such as help if you have forgotten the code, search for the iPhone if you have lost it and different repair and contact options, among the that a chat is included in which an Apple agent will assist you at certain times to help you solve your problems.
Finally, you can also go to an Apple Store or SAT. This is probably the best solution, but also the least easy since the rest can be done from home without having to travel. However, we say that it is the best solution because Apple’s own workers will be able to help you in person to solve your problems. If you go without an appointment, it is likely that they will not be able to attend to repairs or more complex questions, but they will help you make an appointment for the next few days or even for the same day if they have any gaps. There are also the SAT, acronym in English for Authorized Technical Services, which are specialized stores or workshops that have the Apple guarantee. Surely some like Rosellimac or K-Tuin sound familiar to you, which are some of the most popular SAT of Apple in our country and can help you solve your problems as if it were an Apple Store.