Don’t let language become a barrier when you talk to your friends or hold conversations with your work team on WhatsApp, the most widely used global messaging application today. Translating WhatsApp messages is easier than you think and here we explain some ways to Automatically translate WhatsApp chats; so he keeps reading.
How can I translate WhatsApp chats?
surely you have wondered How can I translate WhatsApp messages? Is it possible to do it quickly? And the answer is YES, although WhatsApp does not yet have a native function for message translation, it is possible to do it in other ways without becoming a headache.
Despite the fact that there are many possible ways, especially unofficial applications, in this post we explain The 2 best ways to automatically translate WhatsApp messages: through Gboard and Google Translate.
This way you avoid having to copy and paste messages into translation tools, causing you to waste time and unnecessary complications that cause the conversation to get out of sync a bit.
Automatically translate WhatsApp messages using Google Translate
The most common and reliable tool that can be installed on any device, Android or iOS, is Google Translate or Google Translate; In addition, when installing it, it will also work on other messaging platforms such as Messenger.
To start using Google Translate, very few steps are needed:
- Install Google Translate from the Play Store or App Storedepending on the operating system of your device.
- open the app Google Translate.
- Click on the icon menu.
- Select the option «Setting«.
- From the available options select «tap to translate«.
- Click the button “Enable» to keep Google Translate active in all applications that allow it.
With these steps you will already have the translator available on your device. For translate whatsapp messages with google translate just baby:
- Open WhatsApp.
- Hold down the message you want to translate and click the copy icon. This will cause a translation icon to appear.
- Click on the translation icon. By default it will be translated to English, but you can change the language whenever you want.
With this simple action you will see the translated message, the message that has been copied to the clipboard. Repeat this action for each message you want to translate.
Automatically translate WhatsApp messages using Gboard
An even easier way to translate a WhatsApp message is by using the Gboard app.. Gboard is the official keyboard of the Google suite and can automatically translate WhatsApp messages in more than 100 languages on both Android and iOS devices.
Gboard is the default keyboard that comes pre-installed on most of today’s Android phones.but if your phone does not have it, the first thing to do to translate WhatsApp chats easily with Gboard is to install and configure it. To do this you must:
- Install Gboard from the Play Store or App Storedepending on the operating system of your device.
- In your phone settings, set Gboard as your default keyboard or input method.
To start translating WhatsApp messages with Gboard you must:
- Open WhatsApp and select the chat Where are the messages to translate.
- Select the message to translate and copy it to the clipboard.
- Open Gboard by touching the text field and select the small arrow on the side to bring up more options.
- Click on the menu option (the three dots).
- Select the “Translate” option. A text box will appear stating “Type here to translate”, paste the message you want to translate there.
With this, the message will automatically appear translated into the default language (English); but you will have the option to choose the desired language. Repeat this process for each message you want to translate.
This is the fastest WhatsApp message translation method that exists so far because you don’t have to switch between apps to get the translation.
If you want to send a message in another language, follow steps 3, 4 and 5; but instead of copying the text from the clipboard, write in the text box that says “Type here to translate” everything you want translated. This will show you the automatically translated message and you just have to hit send if you want to.
Language will no longer be a barrier to communicate with friends or colleagues who speak other languages. Translate WhatsApp messages automatically is very simple if you have the right tools.
Gboard and Google Translate are the 2 easiest ways to translate WhatsApp messages on both Android and iOS. Although it is true that WhatsApp lacks the translation function natively, with what we have explained in this post you can translate your WhatsApp messages without complications. It should be noted that users of Google Pixel 6 top have the function Google Live Translate that with the push of a button translates what you want; but this is not so common in most users.