Download LibreOffice 7.2, more compatible with Office than ever

To all this we must add that perhaps the greatest attraction of this other proposal that does not stop growing and improving, is that it is totally free. Contrary to what happens with the proposal of the Redmond we can download and install LibreOffice without having to shell out a single euro. In addition, compatibility with Office is almost complete, so switching from one suite to another will not be a problem.

This is why LibreOffice continues to be considered the main alternative to Microsoft Office. In addition, your license Open Source makes it a very profitable product for both home users and companies, so more and more people are opting for this proposal.

LibreOffice is updated with major improvements

But, on the other hand, one of the concerns when moving from Microsoft Office to LibreOffice is the compatibility of the documents we would have in the past. How could it be otherwise this is something that The Document Foundation, developers of the open source proposal, has been working tirelessly to solve.

We tell you all this because the new version of LibreOffice We are talking about focuses precisely on this section. With these, what we want to tell you is that the new LibreOffice specifically addresses these compatibility problems. With all this, what is desired is to facilitate users the change from Microsoft Office.

Find LibreOffice 7.2 commands

Thus, LibreOffice 7.2 adds a significant number of improvements in interoperability with legacy DOC files, in addition to files DOCX, XLSX and PPTX. Microsoft files are still based on the proprietary format, so they incorporate a lot of hidden complexities. This causes handling problems with LibreOffice, which by default uses a true open standard format, OpenDocument Format.

LibreOffice 7.2 main new features

One of the most interesting sections of LibreOffice is that it is being developed with the collaboration of users from all over the world. In fact, now with the official announcement of version 7.2, it has been revealed that 232 volunteers provided contributions in no less than 151 languages. At the same time, we have learned that 70% of the code comes from 51 developers employed by three companies that are part of the TDF Advisory Council or other organizations. Here is included The Document Foundation, while the remaining 30% is from individual volunteers.

Among the main novelties we can highlight a pop-up list to search for menu commands, a scrollable style selector, or a font panel in the sidebar. Also, there is a new list view for templates, which will be very useful. TO Writer background fills arrive to cover entire pages, or styles with a margin of separation. Secondly, Calc now you can filter by color and tables HTML now they show subtitles.

We will also tell you that Printing and Drawing has new templates and you can use several columns in the text boxes.

You can now try the new version of LibreOffice 7.2 on your PC at no cost, all from this link.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *