Just like WhatsApp and Telegram, the two main competitors of signthe privacy-focused messenger also has its own tool to create stickers, or rather, sticker packs — without the need to upload one sticker at a time.
With just seven steps, it is possible to create a pack of stickers instantly, that’s because the Signal tool accepts up to 200 images at once, making this process easier and more agile.
Check out the step-by-step guide on how to create a sticker pack below, as well as tips for animated stickers and important requirements.
How to create stickers in Signal
- Open Signal Desktop and select File > Create/Upload Sticker Pack
- Add up to 200 stickers at once
– Drag and drop stickers to reorder
– Hover over a sticker to preview in light and dark theme.
- Select an emoji for each sticker
- Enter a Title and Author
Optional: Select a new cover sticker for the package.
Stickers are not linked to the Creator’s Signal account. It is not possible to edit a sticker pack after uploading.
- Copy the link to share the sticker pack outside of Signal.
- Use the hashtag #makeprivacystick to help others find any other custom sticker packs.
- Tap the sticker icon during a chat and select the sticker to send it.
- Non-animated stickers must be a separate PNG or WebP file.
- Animated stickers must be a separate APNG file. Signal asks not to load GIFs.
- Each sticker must have a size limit of 300kb.
- Animated stickers must have a maximum animation duration of 3 seconds.
- Stickers are resized to 512 x 512 px.
- Assign an emoji to each sticker.
- Maximum 200 stickers per pack.
- The cover must be a 512 x 512 px PNG or WebP file (default for the first image in the sticker pack).
- If necessary, sketch the stickers so that they work on both light and dark backgrounds.
- 16 px margin around each sticker.
- Transparent background.
- Animated stickers must be 30 or 60 FPS.
- Animated stickers should have a seamless, seamless loop.
- Animated stickers should be placed where the first frame expresses the feeling or main idea of the sticker.
- Animated stickers display the first frame as a still image in the sticker picker or manager for older devices that do not support APNG playback.
Who can see my sticker pack? Anyone who receives a sticker from this pack or anyone the user shares the link with can see the sticker pack, including its Title and Author.
Will my artist name appear when my sticker pack is shared? Yes. Make sure your stage name is spelled correctly to get proper credit. It is not possible to edit a sticker pack after uploading it.
Does each sticker need to be a separate file or is it possible to put them all in one file? Each sticker must be imported separately and must be on a 512 x 512 px transparent background, preferably with a 16 px margin.
Can I import all stickers at once? Yes, click and drag your mouse over each file you would like to select.
Can my cover photo be anything other than one of the stickers? Yes, you can choose a different image to represent the sticker pack icon.
What file type (extension) should I export the stickers? Non-animated stickers must be a separate PNG or WebP file. Animated stickers must be a separate APNG file. Signal asks not to load GIFs.
What happens if my sticker is larger than 512 x 512 px? The sticker will be resized to fit your entire image.
Are my stickers saved as a draft? Not. When closing the sticker creator window, the sticker will not be saved as a draft.
Is it possible to delete a sticker pack? As stickers are not linked to a creator account, it is not possible to edit or delete sticker packs once they have been uploaded. However, the user is able to uninstall a sticker pack after creating it and make a new one.
Is it possible to create stickers without registration in Signal? Although sticker packs are not associated with the Signal account, the Signal desktop must be connected to the Signal on the user’s phone before creating a sticker pack.
- Confirm that Signal is up and running on your Android phone or iPhone.
- Install and link the latest version of Signal Desktop for desktop or compatible desktop.