Tired of Instagram? For one reason or another, do you want to delete or suspend an already existing account? In this tutorial, we will explain step by step how to make your profile disappear. A very simple maneuver that takes no more than five minutes shows in hand.
Instagram is the social network par excellence. Affecting all generations, it allows you to post photos and videos to its subscribers. With more than a billion users in 2022, it is the preferred playground for influencers and celebrities to communicate. Each user has their areas of interest that they follow diligently. However, it can happen that” you simply want to delete your account to say goodbye to the social network.
There are two ways to disappear from Instagram. You can deactivate your account, which produces the same effects as deletion, but in a temporary and reversible manner. If you choose to permanently delete your account, please note that it will no longer be possible to go back.
How to deactivate an Instagram account?
Here is the easy procedure from a pc :
- Open your web browser and launch Instagram page
- Enter your login details
- Click on the profile icon located at the top right of the window then on Settings
- Select Temporarily deactivate my account
- Then enter your password to validate your choice
And from a smartphone :
- Go to the Instragram.com website
- Now click on your profile picture (bottom right), then on the cogwheel (top left)
- Direction tab Edit profile
- Tap on the command Temporarily deactivate an account
- Choose one of the available justifications
- Enter your password to confirm the operation and click on Temporarily deactivate the account
How to permanently delete an Instagram account
To delete definitively your account on smartphone or PC, you must follow the following steps:
- Open the page dedicated to Instagram account deletion
- Enter your username and your password if you are not already logged in
- A list offers you to give the reasons for your departure. Select the one that seems most appropriate to you.
- Enter your password
- Click on the button titled Permanently delete my account
Once this last click is done, your Instagram account will be permanently deleted. If you want to be part of this community again later, you will need to create a brand new account. So say goodbye to all your photos and videos.
How to reactivate your Instagram account
If you have preferred to opt for a temporary deactivation of your account, know that you can easily regain access to your Instagram profile. To do this, nothing simpler. You just have to log in again with your username and password.. Be careful, however, if you have validated the final closure of your account, be aware that you have a maximum period of 30 days to retract and recover your account.
Once this period has elapsed, your photos and data will be permanently deleted from Instagram’s servers, and therefore lost forever. You know everything now! So, are you really planning to leave Instagram or do you prefer to give social media another chance? Tell us in the comments.
More information on Instagram