One of the best music streaming services if you want to enjoy high fidelity lossless sound is Tidal. Spotify’s great rival boasts a catalog beyond all doubt and that will delight the most audiophile users. What’s more, if you are a student Tidal will cost you half.
Yes, you read that right: you will have a 50% discount as long as you can prove that you are a student, so it is one of those promotions that is very worthwhile if you want to enjoy a high-fidelity and lossless sound (1411 Kbps), Master Quality Audio (up to 9216 Kbps) and surround audio (360 Reality Audio and Dolby Atmos Music).
What it takes to activate the Tidal student plan
The truth is that it is not very difficult to subscribe to the Tidal plan for students. But we are going to make a summary so that you know all the necessary requirements. To begin with, it should be noted that This promotion is valid for users who are at least 16 years old. Underage students will not be eligible for this Tidal for Students promotion.
On the other hand, there are two subscription models available. A first rate that includes standard sound quality, or the HiFi Plus version that allows you to make the most of the benefits offered by lossless sound.
- hi-fi student: 4.99 EUR per month with standard sound quality (1411 Kbps).
- hi-fi student Plus: 9.99 EUR per month with high fidelity and lossless sound quality (1411 Kbps), Master Quality Audio (up to 9216 Kbps) and immersive audio (360 Reality Audio and Dolby Atmos Music)
As you may have seen, both options offer 50% of the usual price, so it is worth betting on this option. In addition, the process, as you will see later, is very simple.
- Once inside, you must go to this other link to choose the type of subscription. Right now they only allow you to subscribe to the HiFi option due to some problem on their website, but you can choose both types of subscription without any problem.
- Select Student and click on continue. Now you must fill in all the payment details and personal information requested.
- Finally, they will ask you for a document that proves that you have been studying in the last 4 months. For example, you can use the tuition receipt from the university or the school where you are studying.
As you may have seen, the process to enjoy Tidal at half price for being a student is very simple, so don’t hesitate to try it to listen to high-quality music for less than you imagine.