High summer temperatures and our laptop battery they do not get along. That is why a series of measures are necessary to protect it, since if we are not in front of a plug, they are the main power source of our computer. That is why it is important to carry out a series of maintenance maneuvers for the imminent summer season.
Now that summer is approaching, high temperatures are coming and with it problems associated with the heat of the devices that we carry from one place to another. One of them is our computer. And it is that if we have a laptop it means that its battery is affected in summer by the high temperatures of the summer period. Especially in the hottest areas of our country, where average temperatures are reached that are not recommended by manufacturers.
Since we cannot regulate the temperature of the sun, the only solution left to us is to know the problems that these cause. As well as the simple solutions we can do to safeguard our laptop during those months.
What are the effects of high temperatures on a laptop?
The effects of high summer temperatures on our laptop batteries are as follows:
- Decrease in battery efficiency, that is, the discharge time is much lower, which can lead to an eventual death of the battery. Let’s not forget that batteries have a number of recharge cycles.
- Electrical problems that are aggravated by high temperatures. If these are excessively high, the solder points can become loose causing some components to stop working.
- If you live in an environment with high ambient humidity, the internal components of the power supply that draws power from the battery may be affected.
Tips to save your laptop battery in summer
The consequences of this are several, from a drop in processor speed to the battery exploding due to overheating. In any case, there are a series of measures that anyone can do to prevent our laptop’s battery from being negatively affected in summer.
- Don’t leave your laptop in the car. Since the high temperatures that can reach the interior of a vehicle in summer negatively affect the rechargeable battery of any device. Especially to its internal chemical composition. Not to mention other problems, so if you want to avoid a bigger problem, it is better to always carry your laptop with you.
- Don’t leave your computer on all the time either., by which we mean don’t put it on hold. If you are not going to use it for hours, then turn it off. Do not forget that the battery continues to work in said mode. So let it rest and cool down. In short, summer is to be enjoyed away from the PC and this one will thank you for it. So only keep your laptop on if you need to use it.
- As for ventilation, make sure your laptop is ventilatedhence we recommend using a ventilation base. Of course, you should make sure that it has the ideal size for your laptop and take into account that its fans add noise. So if you need to work in a quiet environment. Your option will be to choose the ones with larger fans.
With these simple tips you can save your laptop battery in summer and avoid major scares. We hope that these simple tips have been useful to you, especially if you need to carry your computer with you.