You may have been thinking about signing up for the HP Instant Ink service for a while, but you haven’t decided to take the step because you have some doubts that, for one reason or another, you haven’t been able to resolve. If you find yourself in that situation, don’t worry. We have thought of you and of all those who, like you, have a question unresolved questions about this service, and we have put together this special article where you will find everything you need to know about HP Instant Ink.
In order for this article to be as useful as possible, and also very easy to consult, we are going to limit ourselves to the classic format of questions and answers. We are going to cover all the key points of the HP Instant Ink service, but if after reading it you still have any questions, don’t worry, you can leave it in the comments and we will help you solve it. Without further ado, let’s begin.
1.-What is HP Instant Ink?
Is a Automated and home ink and toner replenishment service based on a subscription model. In order to access it, we have to complete a simple registration process that, in general, will not take more than a few minutes.
2.-How does HP Instant Ink work?
We have already advanced its keys in the previous question, but we are going to delve into them. It works under a subscription model that allows us choose between different planseach plan includes:
- Automated Ordering – The printer monitors ink or toner levels and automatically orders new cartridges when we need them.
- Home delivery of ink or toner cartridges, and without shipping costs.
- A fixed number of pages for a monthly fee, which we can print however we want.
- All the ink or toner we need to print the pages included in our plan.
- Free recycling program to recycle all the cartridges we spend.
3.-What do I need to sign up for HP Instant Ink?
It’s very simple, you just need:
- A compatible printer.
- Complete a simple registration process.
- An e-mail address.
- An Internet connection.
- A valid payment method.
4.-What plans does HP Instant Ink offer?
Then depends on the modality you choose, that is, if you are going to use ink or toner. In both cases you have five plans available, but each one has a different cost, and includes a different number of pages. They all include automated ordering, home delivery, and a free recycling program.
These are the HP Instant Ink ink plans:
- 10 pages per month for 0.99 euros: we can expand in packs of 10 pages for one euro.
- 50 pages per month for 3.99 euros: We can also expand in packs of 10 pages for one euro.
- 100 pages per month for 5.99 euros: allows us to expand in packs of 10 pages for one euro.
- 300 pages per month for 11.99 euros: we have the option to expand in packs of 10 pages for one euro.
- 700 pages per month for 24.99 euros: with this plan we can expand in packs of 15 pages for one euro.
And these are the HP Instant Ink toner:
- 50 pages per month for 1.99 euros: An ideal plan for freelancers, small businesses and offices that print very little.
- 100 pages per month for 3.99 euros: similar to the previous one, and aimed at the same professional profiles, but when they print more frequently, or in greater quantity.
- 400 pages per month for 13.99 euros: an interesting plan for SMEs that print little, and also for freelancers and offices that print regularly.
- 800 pages per month for 19.99 euros: It is a very versatile plan, since it can easily cover the printing needs of a wide variety of SMEs, and professional profiles.
- 1,500 pages per month for 25.99 euros: Ideal for SMEs, freelancers, offices and businesses that print daily and in large quantities.
5.-Do I have any type of limit when it comes to printing or receiving ink or toner?
The only limit is on the pages included in your plan. With HP Instant Ink service, you’ll always get all the ink or toner you need to print the pages you have available on your plan, so you don’t have to worry about using up ink or toner.
You will not pay more for using more ink or more toner, with the HP Instant Ink service only the pages you print matter. Thanks to this, you can save up to 70% on ink and 50% on toner.
6.-Do I have to accept any commitment?
Not at all, the HP Instant Ink service is totally free of commitments. You choose how long you want to stay, you can unsubscribe at any time without giving reasons, and you can also change your plan as many times as you want, both up and down.
If one month you have to print more you can switch to a higher plan, and if you have to print less you can switch to a lower plan, there is no problem. When you switch to a higher plan, you can choose to have it take effect immediately, and when you switch to a lower plan it will start to take effect from the next month.
7.-Will I pay more to print in color?
No, with HP Instant Ink service a page printed in color will cost you the same than a black and white printed page. You can use the color ink cartridges as much as you need, and print all the photos you want without having to worry about costs.
8.-When is my subscription activated?
If you already have a printer and it is compatible with the HP Instant Ink service, your subscription will start the moment you install the welcome cartridges that you will receive within approximately ten days.
If you’re using a new printer that already comes with HP Instant Ink-compatible cartridges, your subscription will also start the moment those cartridges are inserted. Your printer may come with some kind of promotion that allows you to subscribe to the HP Instant Ink service without paying anything for a few months, if this is the case, make sure you sign up before the term of that promotion expires.
9.-What happens if I don’t spend all the pages of the plan?
You have nothing to worry about, those pages they will accumulate and you will have them available for the next month. You can accumulate up to triple the pages included in your plan.
10.-How does the HP Instant Ink service help me take care of the planet?
It does it in many ways:
- All Original HP toner cartridges are made from recycled materials, and 85% of Original HP ink cartridges also use recycled materials.
- The cartridges are high-capacity, which means they print more pages. This makes it possible to reduce shipments and the cost of energy and water by 69% and 70%.
- You can recycle, free of charge, all the cartridges you spend using the postage paid envelopes that you will receive with each new pack.
Have you been wanting to know more? Well, by following this link you will find more information. If you still have any questions, the comments are yours.
Content offered by HP.