All users like to have storage in the cloud, and that their Internet browsing and searches are safe and as private as possible, right? Well, that is exactly what the Cupertino company offers to all owners of its products with iCloud+. For this reason, in this post we are going to tell you everything you need to know about this service, so that you can assess whether or not it is worth paying more for it.
What is iCloud+?
Until recently, everything related to privacy, security and, above all, with the hiring of storage space It fit under the name of iCloud, something that Apple has recently changed and why we now have a new service within everything that Apple offers, which is iCloud +.
As is well known to all, when a person acquires an Apple device, it offers them the possibility of using up to 5 GB of storage in the cloud for free, automatically becoming an iCloud user. Well, until recently, the moment you signed up for a major storage service, that person was still an iCloud user, and this is exactly what has changed with iCloud+, because now anyone who starts paying to have more storage automatically becomes an iCloud+ user. But beware, this is not the only novelty that iCloud + has brought with it.
Services included in iCloud+
Once you are clear about what iCloud+ consists of and above all, what is the difference with iCloud, we also want to tell you about the services or features that this subscription includes, since, as we have mentioned before, it does not only consist of expanding the storage space that you have and that you can enjoy in the Apple cloud. Something you have to take into account is the condition that in order to enjoy this service you have to have at least a version of iOS 15 or higher installed on your iPhone. In the same way it happens with the iPad and the Mac, having to be in a version of iPadOS 15, macOS Monterey, or higher.
- The first and perhaps the reason why most users become iCloud+ subscribers is the storage. With it you can expand your cloud space with 50 GB, 200 GB or even 2 TB. Surely users would prefer there to be some intermediate option between 200 GB and 2 TB, but at least for now, it is what Apple offers with this subscription.
- Apple’s concern for the privacy of all users is well known, therefore, as soon as a user contracts iCloud+ they also have private browsing via “iCloud Private Relay”. With this, all users can have the peace of mind that all the information that comes out through their iPhone while browsing the Internet is completely encrypted, being something very similar to what a VPN offers.
- In addition, when you have to subscribe to a service, register on a web page or even fill out a form, you will no longer have to provide your email address to said website, but you will be able to use the hide my email so that Apple generates a completely random and unique address, also causing everything that subsequently arrives at that address to be automatically redirected to your, now yes, email address.
Last but not least, you have to know how much money you will have to pay if you want to become iCloud+, that is, have more storage in the Apple cloud and with the advantages in terms of privacy and security that it offers this service. Now, you also have the option of being part of Apple One, with which you will also automatically have all the advantages of iCloud +, since it is one of the included services. Then we leave you the prices of iCloud +.
- 50 GB storage for 0.99 euros per month.
- 200 GB storage for 2.99 euros per month.
- 2 TB storage for 9.99 euros per month.