LinkedIn is a platform focused on the professional and business sphere, this means that it is used mostly to find a job, hire professionals, or establish a network of important contacts in your sector. Thus, you must share the right content with your network. In this guide, we’ll help you to create professional videos and upload them LinkedIn account and share them with your network of contacts.
Therefore, the type of content shared there is a little more serious than on other social networks such as Instagram or Facebook. However, originality is a factor that makes you stand out in any sector, so posting videos to your profile can be an excellent option to attract attention.
In case you do not know how to do it, we show you through this step-by-step guide how to effectively upload a video on LinkedIn and share it with your network of contacts.
What should the videos share on LinkedIn be like?
When we think about sharing videos through LinkedIn, it is normal that some doubts arise regarding what type of videos can be published, subject matter, formats, and much more. The LinkedIn team recommends sharing high-quality videos, which show how members take advantage of the platform to find new contacts or new opportunities.
In this sense, it is a good idea to talk about your opinion regarding important news, expert opinions about a particular sector, demonstration of new products, etc. But you must not forget that professionalism must reign throughout all audiovisual material.
Regarding the technical part, you will find some specifications in the list below:
- Video file size: maximum 5 GB.
- Minimum video duration: 3 seconds.
- Maximum video length: 10 minutes.
- Orientation: they can be vertical or horizontal.
- Aspect ratio: 1: 2.4 or 2.4: 1.
- Resolution range: from 256 x 154 to 4096 x 2304.
LinkedIn: Recommended video quality:
Supported video formats: AVI, MP4 (recommended), MPEG-1, ASF, MKV, FLV, MPEG-4, WebM, WMV2, WMV3, QuickTime, VP8, VP9, and H264 / AVC.
Once you are clear about all the specifications needed to make a video for LinkedIn, it’s time to start with it. After you have it done, edited, and ready to mount, you should proceed to share it.
Detailed step by step guide to share a video on LinkedIn with your contacts:
Using a web browser:
The procedure is as simple as if you were publishing a normal post. You can do it from any computer, regardless of whether it is Windows or Mac.
To do this you have to:
- Open the LinkedIn.com log-in with your username and password.
- In the “Share an article, photo, video or idea” bar, click on the icon in the form of a video recorder.
- Choose the video you are going to publish.
- Once it is uploaded, it will be published across the entire platform or shown only to your contacts. This varies according to the privacy settings you have set.
It is also possible to share your videos on the platform through your iOS and Android mobile. The positive thing about doing it from your mobile is that you can not only upload a video located in your gallery, but you can also record it at that moment directly from the LinkedIn app.
The procedure to do it is:
- Open the LinkedIn app and log-in with your username and password.
- On your wall, tap the video camera icon.
- Choose an existing video in your gallery or record it by clicking on the corresponding option.
- When it loads, post it as one more content.
The best tools to create simple LinkedIn videos that you should know
Once you are clear about the advantages that publishing videos on LinkedIn bring to you or your company, you will surely be encouraged to take advantage of this strategy. However, it is essential that you have the appropriate programs to edit this type of content.
There are many professional alternatives like FinalCut, Adobe Premiere, and much more. But this time we will focus on the best tools available to create simple videos for LinkedIn, that is, it is not necessary that you are an expert in the area.
It is an Apple program that is installed by default on all mac. It is very simple to use and you can carry out all kinds of edits and work on basic controls such as color effects, cutouts, transitions, incorporate music, etc. Its interface is very intuitive, and in a few minutes, you will have quality audiovisual material at your disposal.
Some of the advantages worth highlighting of iMovie are:
- The best option for beginners.
- You can share videos directly from the program.
- Includes an organized layout for smart controls.
- Free and built into your Mac.
2. Windows Movie Maker
When we refer to the best free option for Windows, we must mention Windows Movie Maker. It is a video editing program that is incorporated into computers with this operating system.
With it you can make your presentations with photos or videos. Added to that, you can perform very simple tasks such as cutting specific parts, adding music, effects, among other functionalities.
To give you a general idea of it, we indicate some of its advantages:
- Free and comes built-in by default in Windows.
- Includes more than 100 effects that you can implement in your editions.
- You can include texts, transitions, credits, and much more.
- Ideal for short videos that are not too heavy.
3. Wondershare Filmora
It is another practical and very comfortable video editor for beginners in the editing world. You can transform any audiovisual material into true visual work. It includes very interesting functions, with which you can not only cut or adjust parts of your video but also add texts, sound effects, visual effects, stickers, etc.