Is your iPhone compatible?
This is essential to know, because if you do not have a compatible device, it will be of little use for iOS 15. The good news is that they are the same ones that already updated to iOS 14, thus leaving the list of compatible iPhone:
- iPhone SE (1st gen.)
- iPhone SE (2nd gen.)
- iPhone 6s / 6s Plus
- iPhone 7/7 Plus
- iPhone 8/8 Plus
- iPhone X
- iPhone XS / XS Max
- iPhone XR
- iPhone 11
- iPhone 11 Pro / 11 Pro Max
- iPhone 12/12 mini
- iPhone 12 Pro / 12 Pro Max
- iPhone 13/13 mini *
- iPhone 13 Pro / 13 Pro Max *
* In the case of these new iPhones, they will come with iOS 15 pre-installed as standard at their launch this Friday, September 24.
What time does iOS 15 come out?
The time has not been officially confirmed, but we can guess that it will be about 7:00 p.m. (Spanish peninsular time). At this time is when these versions usually come out. Now, it would not be the first time that it was delayed. Without going any further, last year with iOS 14 we had to wait until 11pm. Therefore, patience if you do not leave at that time, because arriving will arrive safely today.
How you should prepare your device
You really have to do little more than know the path: Settings> General> Software update. Now, if you want the experience to be much more fluid and avoid possible future errors due to the software, this is one of the times when restoring an iPhone and not loading a backup, so that the release of iOS 15 is practically like the brand new iPhone.
How long will the installation take
There is no official answer to this question, since the process may vary. It will take longer than usual due to its weight, but it will also depend on your internet connection and how much of the servers are saturated. In days like today when thousands of users proceed to download the new version of iOS, it tends to slow down. So be patient and if you see that it takes too long, try doing it after a few hours.
Its main novelties
We already did an extensive article telling what news iOS 15 brings to the iPhone, which we recommend you visit. But in summary mode and as the most outstanding novelties we find these:
- Concentration modes: the classic ‘Do Not Disturb’ expands offering new functions to hide notifications according to the situation in which you are (sleeping, working, leisure time …).
- Live Text: Now it is possible to select text from images and treat it as if it were normal text, being able to take it to any app.
- Changes to FaceTime: In addition to adding functions such as Spatial Audio or eliminating ambient noise, now you can also share screen and even watch series or movies at the same time (the latter will be available soon). Video calls can also be made to Android and Windows by linking to the call.
- New Safari: Safari’s tab system has improved, also offering a new interface that makes it more comfortable to visit websites, although you can still select the classic mode.
- Apple Maps interface: the native navigation system of the iPhone has improved both visually and functionally, offering more and more improvements with which to face its competitors.