Nowadays almost everyone uses Instagram. In such a situation, do you know about some of the essential settings of the Instagram account? So, if you use Instagram, you must know about Instagram account settings. So in this article, I will explain in detail how you can use some necessary settings of your Instagram account.
1. Photos of You
Many times you may have seen that your followers are constantly tagged you on any photos of Instagram, which sometimes gets very annoying for you.
But I tell you that if you don’t want to see all the photos in which you are tagged without your permission then you can not see it. So to do this you have to use a setting so that you can get rid of this frustration. Read the steps given below for this.
- Open the Instagram App and click 3 dotted symbol which is situated on the upper side of your profile.
- Open the Setting and tap on the Privacy option.
- Next, tap on ‘Tags’
- Now click on Photos of You and select Manually Approved tags and give your confirmation.
So when you select the Add manually button, then nobody can tag you in any Instagram photos without your permission. This setting is very important if you want to get rid of tag frustration.
2. Two Factor Authentication
The 2nd of Instagram account settings is Two-Factor Authentication. This feature is very useful for the security of any account along with Instagram as well. So if you want your Instagram to be hacked, then applying this setting is very important for you.
Enabling this setting will increase the security of your Instagram Account. So follow the given steps to enable this feature on your Instagram Account.
- Open the Instagram app and tap on the Settings.
- Now, tap on the Security menu.
- Now scroll down and click on Two-Factor Authentication and then move the button to turn on this feature.
- Now enter your mobile number and enter OTP and then click on verify (→).
- Take the screenshot of your backup code. This will help you to log in to your account if OTP will not working.
So, as soon as you enable this feature, and after that whenever you log in again in your Instagram account, you will be asked for One Time Password. You can use your backup code instead of One Time Password to log in to your account.
3. Story Control
This is again a very important Instagram account settings. If you use Instagram regularly, then surely you will also be using the Story feature. That’s why you should have seen whenever you share a photo or video in your Instagram Story, your followers will start replying to your story.
In such a situation, the notification is coming to your phone again and again, due to which many people are getting annoying. So if you do not want to have a reply in your Instagram Story then follow the steps given below.
- Again, open the Settings on your IG app.
- Then, tap on the Privacy menu.
- Scroll down and click on Story settings.
- It will open some options that you can choose from.
If you want only your followers can reply to your story, then select 2nd option and if you want no one can reply then select directly off.
4. Private Account
The 4th of Instagram account settings is a Private Account. As we all know, privacy on the internet is so important. So likewise if you want to personalize your Instagram account or if you want that the photos and videos you share on your Instagram account, you can only see by your followers. You can do this with the help of a private account setting. Take look below steps to enable a Private Account.
- Open the Instagram app on your phone and then open Settings.
- Now, tap on the Privacy option.
- Scroll down and tap on Account Privacy.
- Now, toggle button to the right side to activate the Private Account.
Then, as soon as you activate the private account, any user will want to follow you after that, then you will first get his request. Unless you approve that request, they will not be able to see the photos and videos present in your account.
5. Linked Accounts
If you want to link your Instagram account to your other social networking sites such as Facebook or Twitter, then you can easily do this with the help of the linked account option.
It is a good idea to link the other social networking to the Instagram, whenever you forget the password of your Instagram account, you can easily log in to your Instagram account with the help of Facebook or Twitter. Follow the below steps to link your other social networking sites with the Instagram account.
- Again, open Settings on your App.
- Now scroll down and tap on Accounts.
- Scroll down to locate Linked Accounts and tap on it.
Now here you will find some social networking sites which you can easily link to your Instagram.
6. Change Password
Change Password is also a very important Instagram account settings. If you have given your Instagram account password to someone else and now you want to change that password, you can easily do it with the help of Change Password Option. Read the below steps to change your Instagram password.
- Open Your Instagram app and click on 3 dotted symbol.
- Now, tap on the Settings.
- Now, tap on Security.
- Tap on Password.
- Now enter your current password then enter your new password and repeat a new password to verify and click on ok.
7. Push Notification
Push notifications are very important Instagram account settings and you should definitely use this setting if you have more followers on your Instagram account. You will be seen whenever you upload any photos or videos on your Instagram, you get the likes and comments continuously on there.
All those notifications keep coming to your phone so that you all sometimes get bothered. So if you want to turn off that notification, you can easily do this with the help of push notifications.
- Open the Instagram app and open the Settings panel.
- Then, tap on Notifications.
Here you will find all the options that you want to stop. You will not get a notification again after closing the notification of any options here.
So these are the important Instagram account settings that you must use to run your Instagram account safely. Follow each step to activate the settings.