So far this year, Apple has introduced new iPad Pro, redesigned iMac with M1 chip, the long-awaited AirTag, a new Apple TV 4K and all the new software announced at the WWDC held just a month ago. However there are several products left in the holder like the long-awaited iPhone 13, as well as other products that could also cause a great stir around the company. Next we review what those devices are.
What’s new from Apple, at various events before the end of 2021?
We all have more or less clear the launch date of the iPhone. It is not that there is already a specific date confirmed or filtered, but we know that it will be September because it is the usual date and no delays are expected. However, the number of products that would be awaiting launch could make the company realize at least 2 events (September and October). Who knows if any more, since last year there were up to three events and we even had a surprise launch in December with the AirPods Max via press release.
These are, at least according to the leaks, the devices that are expected to be announced before 2021 ends:
- iPhone 13: We will once again have four new smartphones in identical sizes as the iPhone 12 range. Of course, with internal changes at the processor level, improved cameras in the ‘Pro’ models, 120 Hz refresh rate in those same models and one more than expected reduction of the ‘notch’ in the whole range as main novelties.
- Apple Watch Series 7: The new watch from the Californian company would not bring new health sensors as expected, but it will have some kind of redesign and it is expected that a larger battery thanks to some readjustments that would be made to gain space inside the body.
- iPad 2021: The ninth generation of iPad would once again be the company’s cheap tablet with specifications very similar to what was the iPad Air 2019, going from 10.2 to 10.5 inches of screen and with the classic Home button design.
- iPad mini 6: The little tablet is expected to emerge with a complete redesign, A14 chip and Touch ID on the lock button. What would be a true modernized digital notebook with a body identical to that of the iPad Air 2020, but with a screen size that would not exceed 9 inches.
- AirPods 3: the third generation of Apple headphones would arrive with a new design similar to the ‘Pro’, although without the need to use pads and without functions such as noise cancellation.
- AirPods Pro 2: the high-end hearing aids could be renewed despite not having it until 2022, as some analysts have recently revealed the possibility of seeing them before the end of the year. Its possible novelties are still unknown.
- MacBook Pro: It would carry a new Apple Silicon chip, either an M1X or an M2 directly. It would have a new design that would allow the 13-inch model to go to 14 and would feature the return of much-anticipated ports such as HDMI, card reader and MagSafe. To this would also be added identical improvements in the 16-inch model.
- MacBook Air: It is not so clear that Apple is going to launch it this year, but if it did, it would come with a redesign similar to that of the MacBook Pro and a style and colors that would strongly remind the iMac 2021. Of course, it would not have the number of ports that the range will incorporate ‘Pro’.
Being already in July, we would have just two months left to begin to find out and confirm these and other possible launches with which the Cupertino company could surprise us. We will continue to be attentive to new information about it.