VOD news brings you the best new releases of the week on Netflix, HBO Max, Amazon Prime Video, Disney+… And we can already say that if we’ve been lazy for a couple of weeks when it comes to releases, this is no exception, although besides being lazy it’s strange… and that brings prizes like The Earth according to Philomena Cunk. Of course, for tastes, colors, so keep reading to see everything you can throw at your eyes.
One more for Netflix, which by mere discard has been at the top of the section every week so far this year except one. However, unlike the last couple of weeks, The Earth according to Philomena Cunk Yes, it can be described as something special.
But what is it The Earth according to Philomena Cunk, why it is something special and, above all, who is that chick, Philomena Cunk. We could summarize it by alluding to documentary series that mark an era, such as Cosmos, both in its original stage and in the most recent one. A documentary series that explains how the world works like no other has done before, and not because it hasn’t been tried. Well then, The Earth according to Philomena Cunk… it has nothing to do with that.
Or rather, something has to do, but little. not just because The Earth according to Philomena Cunk Don’t go about how the world works, but about the history of human civilization. Also because it is a very British humor series, but exportable, all in charge of an eccentric character that lovers of the genre will already know, since it was a year ago that it had its first run on the BBC with notable success… and now it is back to conquer the world.
Philomena Cunk, by the way, is just a character played by Diane Morgan, one of the best British comedic actresses of recent years, as you will discover if you delve into The Earth according to Philomena Cunk. And you have no excuses for not doing it, because it’s not only a very funny series: it barely consists of five half-hour chapters each. Next, a short trailer without subtitles, because Netflix has not deigned to get anything out.
More exclusive content:
- Copenhagen Cowboy: Date Night with Nicolas Winding Refn. “Series creator Nicolas Winding Refn and his team explain how they brought his stoic heroine and this sinister version of the Copenhagen underworld to the screen.”
- Detective Conan: Hanzawa the Guilty (T1). “In this ‘Detective Conan’ spin-off, a mysterious figure arrives in Beika, the city where crime runs rampant, with the intention of committing murder.”
- The power of the princesses (T1). “The four princesses of the fruit kingdoms of Blueberryland, Kiwiland, Pineland, and Raspberryland work together to make their world a better place.”
- Free spirit. “A tenacious Australian teenager faces her fears to make her big dream come true: to be the youngest person to circumnavigate the world solo.”
- girls5eva (T1-T2). “A girl group that had only one hit in the 90s tries to return to the stage as its members humorously confront family, love and maturity.”
- Gunther the millionaire dog (T1). “The strangest thing about this story is not that a dog inherited a great fortune. His eccentric tutor also led a luxurious life… and he started some kind of cult. »
- I infest. “While the coronavirus upends their lives, two inspectors search for those responsible for a kidnapping that appears to be part of an even more sinister plot.”
- viking wolf. “After witnessing a brutal murder at a party in her new town, a teenage girl begins to experience strange visions and desires.”
- Pamela Anderson: A Love Story. “Using diaries and personal recordings, Pamela Anderson herself tells the story of her rise to fame, her turbulent romances, and her famous sex tape.”
- stromboli. “When her vacation goes awry, a woman haunted by the failure of her marriage and an argument with her daughter signs up for a strict self-help retreat.”
- for nothing
- in unison
- Birds of Prey (and the Fantabulous Emancipation of Harley Quinn)
- Black Clover (T1)
- happy cuba
- matter of justice
- the last vermeer
- Haikyu!! The volleyball aces (T1-T4)
- inuyasha (T1-T2)
- The sausage party
- life at stake
- The Smurfs 2
- Miss Bullet
- Moneyball: Breaking the rules
- Boyfriend for one night
- One direction; that’s how we are
- Words on the bathroom walls
- wild tales
- Pray for us
- Without obligation
- I will be your flower (T1)
We continue with Disney+, which was finally released this week…
Black Panther: Wakanda Forever
That’s how it is: Black Panther: Wakanda Forever It is already available to watch on Disney+, as you will surely have seen if you are subscribed to the service, because they advertise it on the front page. The film was released in theaters mid-November last and has sold out its theatrical window well. It is obviously the sequel to the soporific, but successful Black Panther original, without the great asset of it, the sadly deceased Chadwick Boseman; but it doesn’t detract much from the film as such either: it’s more of the same, with all that that means.
More exclusive content:
- chefs into the wild (T1). “Two world-famous chefs will end up in the wild with a grueling and unprecedented mission: to survive and collect enough ingredients to create a five-star meal worthy of any restaurant.”
- Darby and the spirits. “A supernatural teen comedy starring a high school student who is also a spiritual messenger.”
- The chorus: success, here I come (T1). «Ten young artists arrive at the final audition for a theater company. In the process, they come face to face with their dreams, passions, fears, and past, all of which can influence their future.”
- The Proud: Louder and prouder (T2). “Continuing the acclaimed series ‘The Prouds’, it follows the adventures and misadventures of Penny Proud, now 14, and her family as they navigate modern life with humor and heart.”
- The Great North (T3). “Follows the adventures of the Tobin family in Alaska, as single father Beef tries to keep his children close to him, including Judy, whose ambitions lead her to the glamorous world of the local mall.”
- shadow of suspicion
- the 13 roses
- Miraculous: The Adventures of Lady Bug (T4)
Amazon Prime Video premieres a few original content that the platform itself belittles, even denying them a measly trailer on YouTube; although on the other hand, it fills its catalog with a lot of movies and some series, including the complete Rocky or Bourne franchises, as well as different kinds of classics.
- at a high level (T1). “It’s an election year in Sweden and the ruling party, the CD, is losing support.”
- Make my day (T1). “On a remote frozen planet with a promising future, inmates must mine a very scarce power source that reveals something ominous.”
- freeridge (T1). “Four teenage friends try to free themselves from the curse unleashed by a strange old box that only seems to bring them misfortune.”
- Harlem (T2). “This comedy shows four young women, who are best friends, in Harlem, New York.”
- We can help? (T1). Baek Dong-Joo, a funeral home manager with a supernatural power that allows him to speak to the dead, and Kim Tae-hee, a company employee who runs errands, find themselves in a life-or-death situation after death. request of some deceased.
- A Samurai Hero: The Legend of Hank. “Hank (Michael Cera), a very lucky bloodhound teams up with a reluctant samurai (Samuel L. Jackson) to save a town full of cats from being destroyed by a ruthless villain.”
- Venus. «Lucía is a dancer in a techno club. When she is caught stealing a bag of drugs from the gangsters who own the nightclub, she seeks refuge in a block of flats called Venus, where her sister and her niece live.
- Hail, Caesar!
- Creed II: The Legend of Rocky
- believe. the legend of rocky
- Dragon Ball Super: Broly
- Dragon Ball Z: The Resurrection of F
- The incident (T1)
- Perfume: The Story of a murderer
- The least expected love
- The Bourne Affair
- The Bourne Legacy
- The Bourne Myth
- The secret of the bees
- The Bourne Ultimatum
- In the center of the storm
- escape room
- gru 2, my favorite villain
- gru my favorite villain
- Jason Bourne
- Jeepers Creepers 3
- The sausage party
- schindler’s list
- The best offer
- What’s coming to Prime this week!
- The minions
- The managers
- mary shelley
- My life is a ruin
- As you sleep
- My Hero Academia: Two Heroes
- My Hero Academia: Heroes Rising
- No refunds
- Piece: Stampede
- Piece: Gold
- Plats Bruts (Complete series)
- rebel in the rye
- Rocky Balboa
- rocky II
- rocky III
- rocky IV
- Rocky V.
- Sherlock (T1-T4)
- The Prodigy
- Legal kind
- Three women and a plan
- You are the next one
- A masterpiece
HBO Max does the same, to highlight a new reality to which they are giving a lot of hype and that sounds like a game of among us but with a cast of characters that goes from the curious to the shame of others.
- Looney Tunes Cartoons (T4). “Friends, have you heard? Your favorite Looney Tunes characters are back in action! Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, Porky Pig and other iconic characters are back at it again.”
- super villains. «Analysis of the archetypes of supervillains. Their profiles, the secret of their creation and their motivations. And if they weren’t all bad?
- Spain (T1). “Sergio Peris-Mencheta presents this exciting psychological adventure, a war between faithful and traitors, in which alliance, deceit and crime are the rules of the game.”
- The Smurfs 2
- Masha and the bear (T5)
- Who killed Madeleine?
And finally, Apple TV + premieres a new series in melodrama key. And prou.
- a place in heaven (T1). “A 12-year-old boy becomes the sole survivor of a plane crash. As he and others affected by the tragedy try to come to terms with what happened, unexpected friendships, romances and alliances are formed.