The price of the Galaxy S23 in Spain has been unofficially confirmed thanks to a leak, and unfortunately we have bad news. A few days ago we saw that the price of this new family of smartphones was not going to rise in the United States, and in that article I told you that I did not dare to ensure that Samsung was not going to raise the price in our country.
This has an explanation, and it is that the price of the Galaxy S23 in the United States did not include taxesand the conversion from dollars to euros does not benefit us in the same way than a few years ago, because we are still far from the exchange values that our currency registered when it had a stronger and more stable position.
According to this new leak, which originates from a Spanish retailer, the prices of the Galaxy S23 will remain as follows:
- Galaxy S23 with 8 GB of RAM and 128 GB of storage capacity: 959 euros.
- Galaxy S23 with 8 GB of RAM and 256 GB of storage capacity: 1,019 euros.
- Galaxy S23+ with 8 GB of RAM and 256 GB of storage capacity: 1,209 euros.
- Galaxy S23+ with 8 GB of RAM and 512 GB of storage capacity: 1,329 euros.
- Galaxy S23 Ultra with 8 GB of RAM and 256 GB of storage capacity: 1,409 euros.
- Galaxy S23 with 12 GB of RAM and 512 GB of storage capacity: 1,589 euros.
How much has the price of the Galaxy S23 risen compared to the Galaxy S22?
Well enough, really. The Galaxy S22 hit the market last year with a price in its base configuration of 849 euros, which means that the Galaxy S23 it will be 110 euros more expensive. The same is true of the Galaxy S22+, which had a launch price of 1,059 euros, while the Galaxy S23+ will cost 1,209 euros, which represents an increase of 150 euros. In the case of the Galaxy S22 Ultra, its launch price was 1,259 euros in its configuration with 8 GB and 256 GB, so the Galaxy S23 Ultra will be 150 euros more expensive.
In short, we have a price increase of between 110 and 150 euros depending on the model we choose. The prices of the Galaxy S23 in Spain are in the same line as Apple’s iPhone 14, so much so that they are positioned as direct rivals:
- The Galaxy S23 plays in the price league of the iPhone 14.
- The Galaxy S23+ does the same with the iPhone 14 Plus.
- The Galaxy S23 Ultra is a direct rival to the iPhone 14 Pro Max.
If all goes according to plan, Samsung will present its new smartphones on February 1st. As we have already told you before, all the models will come equipped with an improved Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 SoC that will be exclusive to the Galaxy S23, and that will work at slightly higher working frequencies.