What is Apple TradeIn?
The process through which Apple gives you the ability to recycle not only the iPhone, but also the rest of Apple equipment such as the Mac, iPad, Apple Watch and other devices, is called Apple Trade In. This consists of the Cupertino company appraising the value of your equipment to keep it, in exchange for an economic amount.
It is undoubtedly a very good way of fulfilling two very important functions, the first, minimizing, as we said, the environmental impact that technological devices and all their components have and, secondly, to give users the possibility of somehow selling that equipment that they are not going to use in exchange for an economic amount that they can later use.
Steps to recycle your iPhone
One of the key points why the Apple Trade In service is a great advantage both for Apple and for the users of its devices is because of how easy and simple it is to benefit from it. In other words, you don’t have to do a thousand paperwork or wait for days to be able to deliver your device and receive your amount for it. In fact, the steps you have to follow to carry it out are the following.
- First, check the value that Apple gives you for your iPhone.
- save all data If you don’t want to lose them.
- Give it to Apple so that the Cupertino company can give you what was agreed upon by him.
With these three simple steps you can exchange your iPhone for money and also help Apple to recycle all the components that make up the device in the best possible way. However, below we explain in the most detailed way possible what you have to do in each of the steps that we have mentioned.
check the value
As we mentioned, the first thing you have to do is check what is the value that Apple will provide you in case you finally decide to benefit from this program. To know all the information related to it, you just have to enter this link and provide the data that Apple itself asks you for.
You have to take into account that the value for which the Cupertino company will appraise your iPhone will vary by state of the same, obviously an iPhone that is in perfect condition will not be worth the same as another that has different physical and functional defects. However, below we leave you a list with the maximum values, for each iPhone model, that Apple can offer you.
- iPhone 12 Pro Max: up to 685 euros.
- iPhone 12 Pro: up to 600 euros.
- iPhone 12: up to 485 euros.
- iPhone 12 mini: up to 420 euros.
- iPhone SE (2nd generation): up to 205 euros.
- iPhone 11 Pro Max: up to 455 euros.
- iPhone 11 Pro: up to 400 euros.
- iPhone 11: up to 335 euros.
- iPhone XS Max: up to 295 euros.
- iPhone XS: up to 260 euros.
- iPhone XR: up to 230 euros.
- iPhone X: up to 190 euros.
- iPhone 8 Plus: up to 165 euros.
- iPhone 8: up to 130 euros.
- iPhone 7 Plus: up to 105 euros.
- iPhone 7: up to 80 euros.
- iPhone 6s Plus: up to 50 euros.
Don’t forget your data
Once you have verified the value of your iPhone and want to continue with the delivery process prior to receiving the amount for which Apple has valued your iPhone, what you have to do is leave your device ready to be able to deliver it. This implies having to erase all data from your deviceand therefore, also implies, if desired, save them so as not to lose them.
Fortunately, you have several ways to do this, depending on whether or not you have another device to transfer all that data to. If this is the case, when configuring this new iPhone, the easiest and fastest way to do so is by using the Quick start provided by the Cupertino company itself. In addition, another option, which is the best known, is through the backup. Make a backup of the iPhone you want to hand over and upload it to the device you’re going to use from now on. Once this is done, all you have to do is make sure you properly delete all information from your device. To do this you just have to follow the following steps.
- In case you have linked a Apple Watchunbind it.
- Make a backup if you haven’t done so previously.
- Sign out of iCloud, the iTunes Store, and the App Store.
- If you’re switching to a non-Apple phone, unregister iMessage.
- Go to Settings.
- Click on General > Transfer or Reset the [dispositivo] > Erase contents and settings. If you’ve turned on Find My iPhone, you’ll need to enter your Apple ID and password. Also, if you use an eSIM, you will have to choose the option to erase the device and eSIM profile when asked.
- If you are prompted for your device passcode or restriction passcode, enter it.
- Tap Erase your iPhone.
Give it to Apple
Once you have the device in conditions to be able to deliver it to Apple, the only thing left for you to do is just that, that the device reaches the Cupertino company so that they can verify its status and proceed to provide you with the economic amount in the one that your iPhone had been valued.
The options you have for this are either clear and simple, or you go to an apple storeea deliver your equipment, or you send by mail using the instructions that Apple itself will provide you. Our recommendation is that if you want to speed up the entire process and you have the option of going to an Apple Store, do it, since, as we have mentioned, everything will go much faster. Otherwise, you will have no choice but to mail it through the postage-paid return kit provided by Apple.
What can you do with the value of your iPhone?
Finally, something you have to know is what you will be able to do with the amount that Apple will give you for your iPhone. The most common thing when using the Apple Trade In service is that the user who wants to recycle his iPhone does so because he is going to buy a new one and, of course, he wants to have the discount that comes with delivering his current device. Therefore, the first option you have to take into account is that whenever you go to buy a new iPhoneyou can deliver yours so that its value is subtracted from what the new equipment would cost you.
However, there is also the possibility that a user simply wants to get rid of an iPhone that they no longer use and wants to do it through Apple, both because of the economic value that the company will provide for it, and also because Apple will recycle it as appropriately as possible. In this case, you have to take into account that the Cupertino company will not give you the money itself, but rather will provide you will be an Apple gift card with the value agreed for your deviceso that later you can use it in your physical or online stores.