The South Korean giant has launched One UI 4, a new version of its well-known customization layer for Android which is available, from today, on the entire Galaxy S21 series. This layer of customization introduces important improvements, and also changes at the interface level that allow, in short, to improve the user experience and create added value.
Janghyun Yoon, Executive Vice President and Head of the Software Platform team of Samsung Electronics’ Mobile Communications business, has commented:
«We are committed to giving everyone access to the best possible mobile experiences. One UI 4 serves that purpose, bringing the latest personalization and privacy features to Galaxy smartphone users. But we won’t stop there. Soon, other smartphone and tablet users will also be able to benefit from this software update, to get a smoother experience throughout our ecosystem.
Between the most important news that Samsung has confirmed with the arrival of One UI 4 we can highlight:
- New range of color palettes that will allow us to modify the appearance of all the key elements of the operating system, including from the start screen to the icons, the menu, the buttons and the background.
- Redesigned widgets for a deeper layer of customization.
- Greater variety of emojis, GIFs and stickers, which we can use directly from the keyboard.
- Security and privacy improvements, including new controls, monitoring functions and alerts when an application tries to access, for example, the camera or microphone.
- Synchronization with the Galaxy device ecosystem.
Samsung has confirmed that, soon, the update One UI 4 will be available too for Galaxy S20, S20 +, S20 Ultra, S20 FE, Note20, Note20 Ultra, S10, S10e, S10 +, S10 5G, Note10, Note 10+, Galaxy Fold, Z Fold3, Z Flip3, Z Fold2, Z Flip, Z Flip 5G, Galaxy A82 5G, A72, A52, A52 5G, A52s 5G, A42 5G, and Galaxy Tab S7 and Tab S7 +. We can find more information on the official website of the South Korean company.