It is true that Siri is not going through its best moment, since other virtual assistants have improved considerably, leaving the first assistant that came on the market in the background. However,it still has features that make it a unique wizard and in this article, We are going to see how we can turn it off and let us know when you have charged the device.
Restart iPhone with iOS 16
In June 2022, Apple introduced iOS 16, its news, and its compatible devices. Among many of its novelties, it stands out that it allowed you to turn off your iPhone through Siri without touching it. For this, the process consists of five steps:
- Hey, Siri.”
- After this, ask Siri to turn off the iPhone.
- Immediately, a confirmation message will appear.
- You will have to accept the request for the assistant to fulfill its role.
- Now wait a few seconds. Finally, your iPhone will reboot without having touched it.
It is true that this first version was available in English, but little by little, Apple has been increasing its languages and it is now available in most of them, including Spanish.
Remember that in order to have this function in iOS 16, your iPhone has to be compatible said version, that is, you have to have a top device to the iPhone X or 8. Otherwise, you have to resort to the power and power buttons.
Siri is friends with your iPhone’s battery
Other novelties included in this new update is the possibility for Siri to notify you when your device is has fully chargedalthough, in this case, you also need the Shortcut app. The steps are the following:
- First, download the Shortcuts app on your iPhone. If you don’t have it installed, you can do it from the App Store.
- Go to the bottom Automation window.
- In it, click on the “+” icon, located in the upper area.
- Then create a personal configuration.
- Fifth, head towards the bottom of the screen and choose Battery Level.
- Now you have to determine the value that you want Siri to notify you, either the maximum value, 100% or 80% to better protect the battery.
- Next, click on the Next button and look for the Voice option and the text option, located at the bottom.
- Now you have to write the message that Siri will read when your iPhone finishes charging.
- Confirm the action by clicking Next and uncheck the Request confirmation box.,
- Click ok and we have prepared the shortcut.
siri I needed a face lift and after this update to iOS 16, it once again closes the distance against its competitors, especially with areas as important as the functionalities and the Shortcuts application. It is true that it is much more the secondary option is more complicated than the first because you have to create an automation, but once you have it under control, it’s going to be very efficient, above all, to protect the battery and its charging cycles.
Leave us in the comments what you think about the new features of Siri