Techland became well known for being responsible for titles like Dead Island and Dying Light. Already this week, the developer revealed that she is working on a new title.
Still without a name set or revealed, Pawel Marchewka, CEO of Techland, revealed that the company is working on a AAA title, which will be an action RPG. The game should contain fantasy elements and a large open world to explore.
Are you ready to begin a new, thrilling journey with Techland?
We are hiring for the unannounced AAA Open World Action-RPG in a fantasy setting!
Join us now! pic.twitter.com/MPZcv7p8iG
— Techland (@TechlandGames) May 17, 2022
The CEO also states that he hopes to create with the new IP a complete new generation experience. Not only that, the expectation is that the franchise will be quite different from what the company has been doing in recent years.
Techland has an experienced team for the project
At Publication made on Twitter regarding the new game, Techland shows that it still has a series of open spots. However, as the Resetera forum points out, some famous names are already part of the project, most of which came from other famous studios, such as CD Projekt RED. See who some of these people are:
- Karolina Stachyra – narrative director who worked at CD Projekt RED on titles such as The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings and The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt (including DLCs);
- Arkadiusz Borowik – Head of Narrative who worked at CD Projekt RED on titles such as The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings and The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt (including DLCs);
- Bartosz Ochman – open world director who worked on Cyberpunk 2077 and The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt;
- Mario Maltezos – creative director who worked at Ubisoft (Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time), Warner Bros. (Mad Max) and Microsoft;
- David McClure – Game Design Lead who worked at Arkane Studios (Deathloop), Deep Silver and Playground Games;
- Kevin Quaid – animation lead who worked at Guerrilla Games on games like Horizon Zero Dawn and The Frozen Wilds expansion;
- Marcin Surosz – UI/UX design lead who worked at developer People Can Fly.
Techland’s new title doesn’t yet have a release date set and not even details on when a teaser or trailer might emerge. The company also points out that it will continue working on Dying Light 2 for the next 5 years.