Digitization is already a reality within homes and, in recent years, this transformation has been consolidated with the regular use of virtual assistants in private homes. These smart devices are incorporated to facilitate tasks, streamline processes and, broadly speaking, optimize people’s time. In this context, according to the Smart Speakers Global Market Report 2021: COVID-19 Growth And Change To 2030, the virtual assistant market will exceed €17 billion in 2025, which represents an annual growth rate of 26%.
Thus, the advancement of technology is an issue that transcends all areas, completely transforming people’s lives, as well as social and economic infrastructures. In this sense, ANOVO, a technological after-sales services company, shares five aspects and functionalities to take into account to get the maximum possible benefit from virtual home assistants:
- Align operating systems. When choosing a virtual assistant, it is very important to take into account the operating system of the devices already used at home. To fully exploit the functionalities of a voice assistant, it is very useful to ensure the compatibility of the device with the smartphones, tablets and smartTVs of the users of the family.
- Calendar and alarm management. One of the most useful features of virtual assistants is their use as an agenda. Thanks to artificial intelligence, you can ask these devices to write down a medical visit, a reminder for a designated date and even set an alarm as a wake-up mode. Without a doubt, it is a very useful application that facilitates the daily life of users.
- Virtual annotations. In a context where the traditional pen and paper method seems to be becoming obsolete, virtual assistants are the best solution for the most forgetful. Thanks to voice recognition, these devices facilitate tasks such as storing information on everyday aspects such as the shopping list or the to-do list. With just a few words, virtual assistants will retain all the information you request.
- Improve home automation functionalities. One of the great successes of virtual assistants is their ability to interface with other electronic devices. In this sense, the synergy that arises with the systems and technologies aimed at home automation takes on special relevance. In the case of having a home with an integrated home automation system, it is possible to link it to the virtual home assistant to carry out everyday tasks such as turning on or off the light, television, air conditioning and heating or, for example, uploading and lower the blinds and turn the alarm on or off.
- Exploit its operation as an entertainment device. Like almost all electronic devices, virtual home assistants also offer users functionalities related to entertainment. Specifically, it is very common to use them as a speaker. In addition, those most used to this type of device can also take advantage of voice recognition to play, a functionality that is especially useful on Google devices and on Alexa.
- Quick consultations and extension of the functionalities of a smartphone. Virtual assistants respond quickly to questions such as what day and what time it is or what the weather is anywhere in the world. In addition, by linking it with a smartphone, many of its own functionalities are extended, such as, for example, calls or voice reading of instant messaging services or email.