These are the awards that ‘Lasso’ won at the Emmys
Last Sunday the 2021 Emmy Awards were held, which included the highlights of the year on television and streaming platforms. Curiously, Ted Lasso has been the first series on a digital platform to rise as best comedy, although the truth is that this was not the only award that Apple’s production received, since it managed to take the lead in these categories:
- Best Comedy Series
- Best Lead Actor in a Comedy (Jason Sudeikis by Ted)
- Best Supporting Actress in a Comedy (Hanna Waddingham by Rebecca)
- Best Supporting Actor (Brett Goldstein by Roy)
It should be noted that the series was also nominated for other awards in which he did not finally win the award, although it is not negligible to have been there competing with other great productions:
- Best Actor in a Comedy (Brendan Hunt, Jeremy Swift and Nick Mohammed were also nominated)
- Best Supporting Actress (Juno Temple was also nominated)
- Best Directing in a Comedy Series
- Best Casting in a Comedy Series
- Best Screenplay in a Comedy Series (Episode 1 × 07)
- Best musical theme
- Best Production Design in 30 Minutes
- Best Sound Editing in a Drama or Comedy Series
- Best Single Camera Comedy Editing
- Best Sound Mix for a 30-Minute Comedy or Drama Series
What is the key to Ted Lasso’s success?
It really is complex to decipher. There is no magic formula that will catapult to success and even more so in a scenario as complicated as that of series has become, at a time when there is more and more commitment to this format, reaching production figures higher even than many feature films of Hollywood. Now, there are some particular aspects of Ted Lasso that, we intuit, may have helped to crown him as the Apple TV + star series.
The first thing is the moment it was released, in August 2020. In the first summer of COVID-19, many found a way out of trouble with a cool comedy and that invites you to meet characters deeper than they appear. Characters like Ted or Rebecca who are evolving emotionally together, facing good and bad moments and always bringing out a smile. Not even the act of revolving around a soccer team prevented them from hooking even non-football fans.
Currently Ted Lasso is broadcasting its second season with new chapters every Friday. It has already issued 9 of this season and 19 in total counting those of the first. On October 8 the broadcast will end, having already a third season confirmed which, except for surprise, will be issued in the summer of 2022.