VOD News brings you the best releases of the week on Netflix, HBO Max, Amazon Prime Video, Disney+… And, without major launches, the panorama appears moderately interesting, with the return of the Little Liars as a featured dish.
So, we begin the weekly review with what HBO Max brings, which is not only Pretty Little Liars: Original Sin: as exclusives, there is the new season of the despiporre of What we do in the shadows and already getting into what goes into the catalogue, the complete series of downton abbeyamong other things.
Pretty Little Liars: Original Sin It is, however, the highlight of the week, also on the HBO Max ‘grid’. And not only because it is the return of a successful franchise, but because the return is well done, which in the end is what matters most. Or, at least, that is how the criticism of this new stage of the Little Liars.
What changes in Pretty Little Liars: Original Sin with respect to the two previous installments? The essence remains and the suspense crime drama continues to guide events. And, of course, the pretty little liars as involuntary protagonists of a sequel that, yes, is a little darker than its predecessors.
More exclusive content:
- Almost Fly (T1). “West Germany. Three young people think they live in the most boring place in the world until a car driven by African-American soldiers listening to hip-hop appears.
- What we do in the shadows (T4). “In Season 4, the vampires return to Staten Island to find their mansion on the brink of total structural collapse and with no money to repair it.”
- We met in virtual reality. “Filmed entirely within the world of VR, this documentary captures the excitement and surprising intimacy of a burgeoning cultural movement, demonstrating the power of connection.”
- downton abbey (Complete series)
- Noa’s diary
- On the front page
- harley quinn (T3)
- Kipchoge: the last milestone
- On the Job (T1)
- Parks and Recreation (Complete series)
- riviera (T1-T2)
- a family affair
We continue with Disney +, whose most outstanding launch is not his either and if something exudes, it is darkness. Of course, if in addition to the darkness you are morbid, you may prefer to see Argentina Saint Avoid.
by command of heaven
by command of heaven is another miniseries that shows classic suspense, although in this case the criminal drama and, especially, the religious conflict, are the two sides of the same coin, more classic and sober than that of Little Liarsbut just as effective. Starring Andrew Garfield (The Amazing Spider-Man).
More exclusive content:
- Light&Magic (T1). “This six-episode documentary series chronicles the evolution of Industrial Light & Magic, the company responsible for iconic special effects in Star Wars, ET, Terminator 2, Jurassic Park and so many other movies.”
- not ok. “An ambitious young woman rises to fame and gains a large following when she shows herself to be the survivor of a deadly attack. However, she realizes that internet fame comes at a high price.”
- Saint Avoid (T1). «After the death of Eva Perón in 1952, her body is held for three years waiting for a mausoleum to be built: a place of rest that would never rise.»
- Road to Paradise
- Drugs Inc. Dealer Pov
- Pepe’s beach bar (Complete series)
- The day the sport stopped
- Emergency (T1)
- High School Musical: The Musical: The Series (T3)
- brother’s night
- Rosary Scissors
Amazon Prime Video also comes with its own, including one of those action movies that the platform buys from a checkbook (the same as with the two previously highlighted contents) and, yes, a new original series.
Prime Video’s new original series is Papergirlsa luck of stranger things de Hacendado starring girls and with time travel as the driving force. From what the trailer conveys, nothing too interesting, to tell the truth. Although you can’t judge a book by its cover… (the critic doesn’t seem excited either).
More exclusive content:
- the protégé. “Rescued as a child by the legendary assassin Moody, Anna is the world’s most skilled hitman. However, when Moody is brutally murdered, she swears revenge for the man who taught her everything she knows.
- Maluma live: Medal on the map. «The global music icon Maluma presents the most important concert of his career from his native Medellín: “Medallo en el mapa”.»
- 12 years a slave
- The flight
- between red
- Grace of Monaco
- the blessing
- bad streets
- man to man
- Come to play
We are finishing the weekly review with what Netflix brings and as usual there is a bit of everything, although what abounds, as is also customary, is garbage, aimed mainly at youngsters with unruly hormones or hot flashes that have melted the brain ,
Posts to highlight something among so much mediocrity, better that it seems fun, right? And that’s what I feel like mismatchedthe new series by Neil Patrick Harris (how I Met Your Mother) for Netflix, where I already starred in the recommendable A series of unfortunate events. Despite this, not a miserable trailer has been published on Netflix Spain, so it’s in English… but it is understood.
More exclusive content:
- wounded hearts. “An aspiring musician and a Marine about to leave for Iraq decide to marry for convenience. But a tragedy soon turns their fake relationship into something very real.
- DI4RIOS (T1). «First loves, first kisses, laughter with friends… and fights with enemies. In the corridors of the Galileo Galilei institute, each day is different from the previous one.»
- From scrap to glory (T4). “The motley crew at Gotham Garage sort through an eclectic collection of cars and come up with a spectacular piece that can sell for big money.”
- Detective Conan: Zero’s Teatime (T1). “A detective who is also a public security agent and member of a shadowy organization tries to combine all three of his identities in this spin-off of ‘Detective Conan’.”
- The most hated man on the internet (T1). “A mother goes on an online crusade to take down the ruthless creator of a revenge porn website featuring photos of her daughter.”
- Fanatic (T1). “After seizing a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to impersonate his idol, a trap singer’s biggest fan discovers that being a superstar isn’t as easy as it seems.”
- surprise heiress. “After learning that her father is a hotel magnate, Belinda does what she can to adjust to her new and refined lifestyle with the help of a charming lawyer.”
- the hour of justice (T1). “A revolutionary group breaks into the trial of a white police officer who shot a black man, takes the attendees hostage and broadcasts the situation live.”
- massaba massaba (T2). Masaba and Neena Gupta are mother and daughter in real life. In this fun series of their experiences in fashion and film they play themselves with a touch of fiction.»
- my other self (T1). “Three friends travel to a seaside town where they connect with their spiritual side and deal with unresolved trauma related to their family past.”
- My hairdresser in Rio. “A selfless son decides to lend a hand to his mother, who is about to lose her salon, and emerges as the most talented stylist in the area.”
- miss jerusalem (T2). “Jerusalem, 1919. Cleaning lady Rosa marries a shopkeeper in love with another woman: a decision that mars her relationship with Luna, her firstborn, for decades.”
- Rebel Cheer Patrol: A ‘Hungry for Revenge’ Series (T1). “In this teen thriller, three cheerleaders decide to continue the work of their former classmates and fight injustice at their elite private school.”
- Pipe. “The former police officer Pipa has been living in a remote town for years. But she is drawn into the sinister world she thought she left behind when she finds herself embroiled in a murder case.
- Rebel (T2). “Elite Way College begins a new term, but a known enemy (the secret society the Lodge) threatens to crush the new students’ musical hopes.”
- Reforms for all pockets (T3). «They are real families, looking for the perfect house and their style. And they see their dream come true thanks to Shea and Syd McGee of Studio McGee.”
- Keep breathing (T1). “When a small plane crashes in the Canadian wilderness, the lone survivor must brave the elements (and her own demons) to survive.”
- Street Food: USA (T1). “This docuseries introduces you to the most popular delicacies found on the streets of the United States…and the colorful characters who prepare them.”
- Whitney Cummings: Jokes. «Whitney gets personal about sex injuries and dating younger men, spills on her de ella online photo leak and waxes nostalgic about life before social media.»
- 10 years with baby
- 13 Hours That Saved Britain
- Oil painting
- Apollo 17: The Untold Story of the Last Men on the Moon
- Beads on One String
- fireplace in your home
- give me 4
- E Life
- The last train to rock’n’roll
- Formentor, the sea of words
- Host: Autumn Fall
- My Dad’s on Death Row
- Oggy and the Cockroaches: The New Breed
- Other Girls
- Prostitution: Behind the Veil
- Shania Twain: Not Just a Girl
- Soul II Soul
And lastly, Apple TV+, where a couple of new series are released: one for young people and another for adults, to which, Oh surprise!the critics are crushing as I think it had not happened to any of the original productions of the platform to date.
- golden amber (T1). «Between his parents’ divorce and his best friend’s moving to another city, Ámbar Dorado is going through a rough patch.»
- appearances (T1). Due to a severe head trauma, Sophie suffers from memory loss. In her attempt to put her life back together – with the help of her husband and her friends – she begins to question if, really, her life was so perfect. »