Do youElon musk will he keep his word? After having assured that if the United Nations Organization (UN) provided him with a plan to end world hunger, he would sell 2% of his shares and raise 6 billion dollars to finance the project, the UN responded with a well detailed document.
“Elon Musk, you asked for a clear plan and open books. Here it is! ”, Wrote on Twitter the executive director of the UN World Food Program, David Beasley. “We are ready to speak with you, and with anyone else who is serious about saving lives,” he added.
Elon Musk has certain conditions
When the news exploded, Elon Musk said his words were taken out of context and that he needed to describe “exactly how $ 6 billion will solve world hunger.” In addition to that everything “must be open source accounting, so that the public can see precisely how the money is being spent,” he added.
The World Food Program claims it would save 42 million people across 43 countries from hunger if it had the funding. To do this, these are the main guidelines:
- 3.5 billion dollars for food and its delivery, by means of air, land and river transport.
- $ 2 billion for cash and food stamps where it can be implemented. This type of help allows those most in need to buy the food of their choice.
- $ 700 million for country-specific costs to design, scale up and manage the implementation of programs to permanently eradicate famine.
- $ 400 million for global and regional operations management, administration and accountability; this budget would also serve for the global monitoring and analysis of hunger around the world.
In addition, according to data from the UN itself, these would be the countries that would receive the aid first:
- Democratic Republic of Congo
- Yemen, Ethiopia
- Sudan, South Sudan
The UN argued that the 6,600 million dollars needed would help those most in need in the following way: one meal a day, the basic necessary to survive, at a cost of 0.43 dollars per person per day, on average in the 43 countries .
Pharmacy in the US applies the wrong dose of vaccine against Covid-19 to more than 100 children