The Apple Developers Conference It represents a moment of expectation on the part of all Apple users because it represents the starting point for the launch of the new operating systems that will take place in the fall of 2023. However, the dark side of this presentation is that there are dBitten Apple devices that do not receive this new update. In this post, we are going to see what they could be.
iOS 17, the Achilles heel of an Era
It is true that it always saddens that a device don’t get support but Apple users have to be very happy because they are one of the devices that more support they receive compared to the competition. However, the lack of updates is not because Apple wants you to renew the device, but rather because the older devices they can not meeting performance and security requirements necessary to take full advantage of the new updates. Below we have listed the devices that might not be compatible with iOS 17 and therefore will stay on iOS 16.
- iPhone 8 and 8 Plus
- iPhone X
If you have any of the two models presented in 2017 dUnfortunately, you will not be able to update to iOS 17. However, they will still work perfectly and will likely receive updates during 2024 as was the case with iOS 15.7 recently. On the other hand, devices that Yeah will be ciOS compatible 17 are as follows:
- iPhone SE (2nd generation)
- iPhone XR, iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max
- iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone 11 Pro Max
- iPhone 12, iPhone 12 mini, iPhone 12 Pro and iPhone 12 Pro Max
- iPhone 13, iPhone 13 mini, iPhone 13 Pro and iPhone 13 Pro Max
- iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Plus, iPhone 14 Pro, and iPhone 14 Pro Max
- Future iPhone models launching in 2023, specifically the 15 series.
In the event that you own one of these devices, you will be able to enjoy all the new features and improvements that Apple has included in iOS 17, and that, unlike hardware, the news of software are developed exclusively in Cupertino, so its leaks and their veracity are much more complicated.
Advantages of updating to iOS 17 if your iPhone is compatible
Always update your operating system includes advantages, and you always have the option to update your iPhone unless you buy the phone that corresponds to the stock iOS version. In this case, it is already installed by default. Next, we are going to highlight the advantages of updating iPhone.
- Updating and cleaning of the equipment: upgrading to the new version of the operating system are not only small visual changes at the design level, but also a complete cleaning of the device and improvements in performance, battery management, storage and removal of cache that takes up a lot of space and does not improve the performance. user experience.
- Integration between different operating systems: updating allows greater integration between the Apple ecosystem since those of Cupertino seek at all times that devices with the same ID understand each other perfectly. Updating improves that synchronization and integration that is always essential.
- Keep in a previous version It prevents you from using compatible apps that are adapted to the new OS, so you will not be able to have the news of other essential professional applications in your day to day, either due to lack of updates or because the developer does not allow it for any other reason. reason to use it in newer versions.