They have passed 40 years ever since the world of RPGs changed irrevocably (in the best way) with the arrival Call of Cthulhu on our tables, the Role playing game which has brought a touch of horror and the occult to our homes. The fun and involvement given by this title has never left us since.
Call Of Cthulhu: A new special box set will arrive to celebrate 40 years of the game
To celebrate the fortieth anniversary of this highly appreciated RPG, Chaosium looked back, far back, at five of his first manuals and decided to create a revised version of the iconic box set.
- Shadows of Yog Sothoth – The Shadows of Yog Sothoth (80 pages), a global campaign to save humanity. The first of its kind.
- The Asylum & Other Tales – The Asylum and other stories (72 pages), seven short sinister scenarios set around the world and at sea.
- The Cthulhu Companion – The Cthulhu Companion (64 pages), four scenarios, added rules and different game materials.
- Trail of the Tsathogghua – The Tsathogghua trail (64 pages), a mini campaign of two scenarios, plus a third adventure. It is all over the world, and therefore everywhere.
- Fragments of Fear – Fragments of Fear (72 pages), additional gods and other material, plus a bonus scenario.
Apart from this, Chaosium also stated that, with the revised formatting (very faithful to the original look of the first editions), there is additional space, which means bonus content!
The 💀🐙Call of Cthulhu Classic Kickstarter🐙💀 is now live!
Experience the original cosmic horror of Call of Cthulhu, and back it today! https://t.co/TFwWPd7Sqt
– Chaosium (@Chaosium_Inc) July 2, 2021
The new box is already on Kickstarter and will certainly arrive on our tables by the end of the year, word of Rich Meints, president of Chaosium.
As we want to deliver these boxes in time for the anniversary (i.e. by the end of the year) we already have all the books and boxes ready for printing. If this Kickstarter is funded, within one week of ending, we will send ALL PDFs to backers. All files will be sent to the printer shortly after. You won’t need writers, artists or layouts to see the finished work. We print and ship.
Obviously there was no doubt about the success of the campaign, which started yesterday, which was financed in less than 10 minutes. So we just have to keep our sanity and keep waiting for our new special edition manuals for 40 years of Call of Cthulhu RPG.