Nintendo has recently officially announced the OLED version of its hybrid console Switch, a model that will arrive on the shelves in a few months, confirming Bloomberg’s forecasts of a few months ago.
Thus, the much talked about Nintendo Switch Pro, an updated version of the Switch that fans have been waiting for a long time now, turned out to be a model equipped with an OLED screen, Ethernet port and advanced audio.
Nintendo Switch OLED trailer and release date
Below we can enjoy the announcement trailer that also reveals the official release date of the new Nintendo Switch OLED which will be available in stores starting from 8 October 2021.
As the name suggests, and as described by Nintendo itself on its website, the new console has a seven-inch OLED screen that allows for brighter colors and better image quality.
The fragile base stand of the old Nintendo Switch has been replaced with a larger, sturdier stand. The dock now has two USB ports and a LAN port which will allow for a better experience with online games.
The console is equipped with 64 GB of internal memory, which can be augmented with compatible MicroSD cards. The system also features two built-in speakers, for better sound quality in portable and tabletop modes.
A white model and a blue / red model will be available at launch.
News and improvements
Just like the previous console, the new OLED model allows users to play games on TV and share Joy-Con controllers to create fun multiplayer sessions.
Also, like Nintendo Switch and Nintendo Switch Lite, Nintendo Switch (OLED model) offers great versatility, allowing you to play at home and away. At the launch of the console will also be available a set that includes a case for the Nintendo Switch (OLED model) and a protective film for the console screen.
Nintendo Switch (OLED model) introduces improvements for all three Nintendo Switch game modes:
- TV mode: With the Nintendo Switch console (OLED model) inserted into the cradle, you can play Nintendo Switch titles on the TV screen. Using the built-in LAN port, users have an additional method to get online.
- Tabletop mode: By opening the stand on the back of the console, you can use the integrated screen to play multiplayer games with the two Joy-Con controllers included. The wider adjustable stand allows you to position the console even more stable and also makes it possible to choose your preferred viewing angle.
- Portable mode: users can take the console wherever they go and play in local multiplayer or online with friends. The 7-inch OLED screen produces rich colors with high contrast.
At launch, the console will be available in two colors:
- White model, with white Joy-Con controllers, black main console body and white base.
- Neon red / neon blue pattern, with neon red and neon blue Joy-Con controllers, black main console body and black base.
All controllers Joy-Con for existing Nintendo Switches are compatible with this new model. In addition, Nintendo Switch (OLED model) allows you to play the entire catalog of Nintendo Switch titles.
Anyone who purchases this new console and wishes to transfer their downloadable games and save data from another Nintendo Switch can find more information on the transfer process on the “How to Transfer Your User Data” page of the Customer Service section.