Mobile devices are already increasingly part of the routine of billions of people. The Android operating system is arguably the most popular, present on 74.4% of devices.
Thus, they are also the preferred target of cybercriminals, who focus on developing threats increasingly geared toward smartphones and tablets. The fact that it is an extremely widespread system makes Android a prime target for these attacks.
There are a few ways to reduce these risks, and using a good VPN for Android is one of them. In this article, you will learn more about the topic and understand why using a service like Surfshark VPN is a great option for users in general, especially of mobile devices with Android systems.
What are the main threats to the Android system and how to protect it?
There are a number of malware developed specifically to infect Android devices. Fortunately, there are many things you can do to improve the security of your Android device, such as always enabling a good firewall, using a professional antivirus, and acquiring a good VPN.
What is a VPN?
First of all, it is important to understand what a VPN is. An acronym for Virtual Private Network, these are tools used to create a virtual connection using a pre-existing structure, such as the connection provided by your ISP.
Basically, a VPN creates a “tunnel” or a secure path for the flow of information – so-called data encryption, at a more advanced level. This means that with a VPN connection the flow of information sent and received on your connection becomes more secure, making it harder for third parties to monitor.
This is done through servers in many different regions and countries around the world, which you can connect to whenever you want via VPN.
Is it worth using a VPN on Android systems?
There are several great VPN options available for mobile devices, most of them have special versions for Android. To define which option is the best, you need to know your needs and look for which one best meets your expectations.
Surfshark VPN is not the cheapest option. But in terms of overall performance, robustness, reliability and security features, it is definitely a good option – this is not an absolutist statement, you can (and should) look at other comparisons and analysis to support this conclusion.
So, yes, Surfshark VPN is a great option and there are many reasons to use it on your Android device.
What are the main benefits of Surfshark VPN?
There are numerous benefits and advantages of using Surfshark VPN on your Android device. Here, we will list some of them:
- Greater integrity and security for your connection: Surfshark VPN offers efficient encryption that protects your data stream, ensuring a safer experience when browsing the internet;
- More privacy for your online activities: with professional encryption and features that increase your confidentiality, it is much easier to surf more discreetly and, of course, it has a mechanism to never store user browsing logs;
- List of trusted servers around the world: more than 5500 servers in 59 different countries, available for your choice and a feature that allows you to find the best server for you automatically;
- More security when connecting to public Wi-Fi networks: with Surfshark VPN, you’ll be safe even when using public Wi-Fi networks (hackers often create fake Wi-Fi connection points or even break into poorly secured public Wi-Fi networks; but with Surfshark VPN’s encryption on your connection, these criminals won’t be able to intercept the data stream from your connection, even if the Wi-Fi network is compromised);
- Protection against malware, infected e-mails and dangerous websites: Surfshark VPN offers efficient protection against suspicious messages and undesirable content;
- Special extension for web browsers: with lightweight and functional versions for Chrome and Firefox browsers, Surfshark VPN ensures that your online browsing is smoother – after all, even if a website is not secure, you will be;
- Kill Switch that prevents your device from accessing the Internet if your connection is lost, preventing unauthorized access and protecting your information. In addition to these advantages, Surfshark VPN has elements specially designed to enhance the benefits brought by a VPN:
- IP masking feature: with a dedicated and unique IP address for each user and with multiple servers, your IP data will be kept safe and you will be able to change your identification for more privacy and secrecy.
When you take advantage of the features it offers, you will wonder how you managed to surf the Internet without them for so long. So download Surfshark VPN to your mobile now and enjoy the best tools and features it offers.