Hey there! Before reading the article which is about How to Sign Up for Twitter and Complete Your Profile, you should read about twitter sign up or login. It shares basic information about this article and also adds more value to it. Do let us know how you feel about it in the comment section below. Happy Reading! Really glad that you are here.
To get started with Twitter, you’ll want to sign up for a free account. While you can sign up with your email address (or your Facebook or Google accounts), signing up with a Twitter username will give you more flexibility and help you stand out from the crowd. When you sign up, you can also set up a custom profile picture and bio.
In this article, I am going to take you through the process of signing up for Twitter, and then help you complete your profile. Twitter is a social network which allows you to share and discover short messages known as “tweets.” Your Twitter profile is very important, as it is a way to communicate your unique personality to others, and provides a way for you to connect with your followers.
Twitter is another popular social media platform, also known as a microblogging service. According to Statista, Twitter had about 192 million monetizable daily active users worldwide in the fourth quarter of 2020. Twitter also has the largest audience in the U.S., with about 69.3 million registered users as of January 2021, according to a report from Statista. Want to join us, but don’t know how to sign up for Twitter or need help creating a Twitter account? Read the article to find out more.
To sign up for Twitter
Step one: Open the Twitter website in Chrome or another web browser.
Step two: Click on the Register button and you will automatically be redirected to a page where you can create an account.
Step three: Please enter your full name. It can contain up to 50 characters.
Then enter your phone number.
If you don’t want to use a phone number, click on the text use email to enter your email address.
Then enter your date of birth and click on Next.
Step four: You will be redirected to a new page where you can edit your experience. You can disable this setting here. Uncheck it. Twitter won’t follow you. Press the Next button to continue.
Step 5: You will be redirected to a new page to create your account. Check the account details you have entered here and click on Register.
Step six: On the new page, you will be asked to enter a verification code or OTP (one-time password).
Twitter will send a verification code to your email address or phone number to verify your account. Example of a control code.
Seventh step: Enter the verification code and click Next.
If you did not receive the code, you can click on code not received to resend the WBS to your email address or phone number.
Step 8: On the next page, enter a password of eight digits or more for your Twitter account.
You can click the Show Password button to verify that you entered the password correctly.
Click on Next to complete the registration of your Twitter account.
You can skip the following steps, but it’s best to do them now. Did you miss most of the following steps? Don’t worry about it. You can set up your Twitter account later.
Creating a Twitter Account
After learning how to create a new Twitter account, follow these steps to set up your Twitter account.
Step 9: Upload a profile picture. The ideal size for a Twitter image is 400×400 px.
Enlarge or reduce the image to fit your face. You can use the scroll bar shown in the following figure.
Step 10: Describe yourself. Give your biography on Twitter. It can contain up to 160 characters.
You can look at different Twitter profiles in your niche to get an idea of how to write great Twitter to build your personal brand.
Step 11: Download your contacts (email or phone) to keep track of them. If you don’t want to download immediately, click on the text Not now.
Step 12: It’s time to choose the languages you speak. You can select two or more languages. Twitter shows you content in these languages. Click on the Next button.
Step 13: Now choose your areas of interest. Scroll down for more interest. Select them one by one. When you are finished, click Next.
Step 14: Depending on your interests, Twitter offers you different popular Twitter profiles. Maybe you should follow these profiles. You need to select five or more Twitter profiles and click 5 follow. This button can indicate Follow 6, 7, 8 or else how many profiles you have selected.
Step 15: In this step you can enable notifications. You must click on Allow notifications. Otherwise, you can ignore it for now.
Once you have completed the above steps, you will be redirected to the Twitter home page.
There are three more steps to go.
Yes, there are three more levels available. It’s, uh…
- Downloading a Twitter header image
- Updating your location
- Updating your website
Click on the Profile tab to go to your Twitter profile.
Here you have the possibility to change your profile. Click on the Edit Profile button.
A warning screen appears. You can upload a Twitter image, mention your location and your website.
When you are finished, click Save.
Creating a Twitter account when multiple steps are skipped
Step one: Log in to your Twitter account. (Optional, if you are logged out)
Step two: Click on the Profile tab. This menu is located on the left side of the Twitter homepage.
Step three: Start the installation process. In the new window, click the Configure Profile option. Some users may get the Edit Profile option instead of the Customize Profile option because they upgraded a few steps earlier.
You can also visit the following URL to begin the installation process.
Step four: Choose a profile picture. Click on the camera icon to upload a photo to your Twitter account. This image must be 400×400 px.
You can move the image and zoom in and out as needed.
Click Apply to preview the edited photo, and then click Next to save the photo.
If you don’t like the result, press X to delete the photo or + to upload another one.
Step 5: Select the header – this is the background image of your profile, which will be visible behind your profile picture.
Press the + button and repeat the above procedure to save the header image. Click on the Next button.
Step six: Describe yourself – Here you can give some details about yourself in 160 words.
And click the Next button.
After you’ve added your latest information, click View Profile to see what your Twitter account looks like.
Step six: Edit Profile – You can click Edit Profile to add or edit more details about your Twitter account. You can edit your name or CV and add details such as your workplace or your website. You can also change your date of birth.
You can only edit it a few times, so try not to make too many mistakes.
Click Save to save the profile information.
The Twitter profile now looks like this.
Step 7: Change your Twitter username – You can change your Twitter address or username under Settings and Privacy in your account.
To change the way your Twitter account is displayed
This is necessary to make the necessary changes to customize your presentation.
Step one: Open the Twitter homepage.
Step two: On the left side of the home page, click the More option and select the View option to change the overall view of your profile.
Step three: On the new page you will find a setting to optimize the display of the account.
- Font size: You can click on the dot to change the size of the text displayed in your account.
- Color: You can replace the standard blue color with one of the colors shown here.
- By: You can change the background color from light to dark.
Any changes to the display settings will be visible in the background for viewing. Click Finish to complete the profile view.
You can watch this video to create a Twitter account.
You’re asking yourself the same thing: How do I connect to Twitter on my mobile phone? Don’t worry, we’ve got your back. Follow the step-by-step guide to sign up for Twitter via mobile today.
Can’t sign up for Twitter?
Having trouble creating a Twitter account, even after following all the steps exactly? Follow the steps below to resolve the issue.
- Clear the cache, cookies and browsing history of your device (mobile and PC/laptop). Here are some signs that you’ve already tried to sign up for Twitter. Once you delete them, you become a new Twitter user.
- You cannot create different Twitter accounts with the same email address. Even if you have tried a new email address several times and it failed, try switching to a different email address and see if it works. We recommend that you choose Yahoo Mail, Gmail, Hotmail, etc. if Twitter allows it.
- Also, you cannot use the same mobile phone number to create different Twitter accounts. Make sure the number you are using is not already in use.
- If you can’t sign up for a Twitter account on your mobile browser, try it on your desktop or PC. You can also use the official Twitter app on your phone to get better results.
- It can also be difficult to register a new Twitter account if that platform has barred you in the past. In this scenario, you can register with a new device (mobile phone/P.C.) and an email address you have never used before.
- If you’re under 18, you’ll also have trouble signing up for Twitter. This is one of the most important criteria to be taken into account.
Twitter terminology for beginners
Before you know how to create a Twitter account, you need to know some basic concepts. Understanding these terms will help improve your experience on this platform. Here is a list of terms –
- A tweet is a piece of original content/post that you have written on your Twitter account. The maximum word count for this post is 280.
- Retweet (R.T.) – When you share content posted by another Twitter user, it is called a retweet. You can also quote someone else’s tweet by adding a comment as an introduction.
- Fleet – Twitter floats are very similar to WhatsApp, Facebook Story or Instagram Story status updates. The fleet only appears for 24 hours. The Viewed by option allows authors to see who has viewed their fleet. The author may also publish this park on Twitter.
- Followers – Other users who follow you on your Twitter account are called followers. You can see all the messages that have been shared on your account.
- An unfollower is a person who no longer follows a particular Twitter account.
- A hashtag is a word or a series of words without spaces that begins with the pound sign (#) is a hashtag. It is used to identify specific topics or to get more visibility and interaction. You can also watch or participate in the conversation by clicking on specific hashtags.
- Mentions – If you want to mention someone in your post or in the comments section of other people’s posts, you can put an @ in front of their username so they can see it.
- Direct Message (D.M.) – A D.M. is a private conversation between two people or a group.
- A Trending Topic (T.T.) is an article or topic that has received a lot of attention through comments or likes from other Twitter users. Sometimes the T.T. lasts from a minute to several hours, in other cases it can last from one to several days. The trend can also be characterized for a specific country or at a global level.
- Verified Twitter Account – Accounts with a blue icon next to their name are verified Twitter accounts. It is usually provided to authenticate the account of a commercial brand or celebrity.
How to choose a good Twitter username?
Choosing the right Twitter name is an important step after creating a Twitter account and before sending your first tweet or adding followers. This title can help others identify you as a professional or business. So take all the time you need to choose the most appropriate name for your account.
When a user creates an account, Twitter adds a temporary username for that account. You can change this name to a unique and creative username. On Twitter, you can change your username as often as you like, but that doesn’t mean you should. Constantly changing your username can cause confusion among your friends and followers.
Here are some more tips to avoid beginner’s mistakes.
- Choose a username that is easy to pronounce and remember.
- The user name should not be too long, but should contain at least four characters.
- Do not add numbers or symbols to your username.
- The username must match your name or the name of your company/brand.
- The spelling of your name and your user name should not be too different.
- Do not add a date of birth, year or any other sensitive information to the username.
You can google username ideas for Twitter.
Tips for a new Twitter account
- Stay on top of your Twitter account by checking notifications, posting tweets and updating your profile regularly.
- For example, follow those who inspire you. B. Companies, celebrities, even your friends and family members. This gives you access to other accounts and you are also tracked.
- Post comments, share your opinion and like tweets from others to increase engagement.
- Twitter is a professional platform, use it wisely. Respond when someone mentions you in a comment or asks a question.
It can be difficult to create a Twitter account when there are technical problems or when the platform is being maintained. In that case, you can try again a few hours later or the next day. If the problem persists even after performing all the above steps, contact the Twitter Help Center for assistance.
This source has been very much helpful in doing our research. Read more about twitter account settings and let us know what you think.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you complete a twitter account?
When it comes to social media, people will always have their favorites. Myself, I have flitted back and forth from Facebook to Twitter to Google+ and every social media site in between. But, one place I have always come back to? Twitter. It’s short, sweet, and to the point. It’s the social media site that I can (though I will not) cram into a 140 characters, and it’s a place where I can have lots of fun with using hashtags and tweeting out pictures and videos. You might be wondering what exactly you need to get started on Twitter. After all, you have to sign up, which takes a name and an email. You can’t have a Twitter account without an email, can you? Well, yes, you can. Many people do, in fact. The easiest way to sign up is to use an existing email and add a display name you want to be known by on Twitter. For example, if your email is firstname.lastname@example.org, you could create a display name of “Beth Jones.”
Can I have 2 twitter accounts?
Most people use Twitter to post short messages to the world. Sometimes they have a message to relay, such as a new blog post; sometimes they just want to share their latest thoughts on life. It’s a great way to keep in touch with friends, and stay up to date on events and things going on in the world. But what happens when you want to post more than 140 characters? The problem is, once you hit the limit, you’re stuck. You can’t delete a tweet, and you can’t extend the message. The only way to get around this is to create a second account, and start posting from that. The question is, is it worth it? Twitter has been a powerful communication tool for quite some time now, but it has never been ideal for using in professional situations. The biggest problem is that you can’t have multiple Twitter accounts. In other words, if you’re @Jack, you’re @Jack. If you want to tweet as @Jack and @John, you have to create two different accounts. This can cause confusion and a lot of name overlap, especially since there’s no way to merge the two accounts once you’ve created them.
Is twitter free to join?
In today’s technology-driven world, it can be hard to keep up with the latest trends. But want to join in on the fun? Here’s the deal: you can use sites like Twitter® to connect and share with friends and family. But if you want to get in on the fun, you’ll need to know a few things. You’ve seen the ads for Twitter, but you’re not convinced that it’s for you. To you, it looks like a free-for-all where the only people using it are celebrities and other wacky people. You’re not convinced it’s worth your time and you’d rather be on Facebook. Is it really free to join? Short answer: Yes, but you’ll need an invite.
Feedback,twitter sign up or logintwitter free accountcreate twitter account with same emailtwitter account settingstwitter create account facebookfind my twitter account,People also search for,Privacy settings,How Search works,twitter sign up or login,twitter free account,create twitter account with same email,twitter account settings,twitter create account facebook,find my twitter account,twitter sign up for business,twitter business account login