Last Thursday (3), the Federal Revenue released new services that will facilitate the completion of the declaration of the Income Tax 2022. Available at the Federal Revenue Service’s Virtual Service Center (e-CAC), the features can now be accessed by taxpayers with silver or gold level on the Gov.br Portal.
With the announcement, taxpayers with the two eligible security levels will have rights to services until now restricted to those who had a digital certificate. According to the Federal Revenue, the new services will reduce the need for citizens to go to a tax office to get data from previous years’ declarations.
New services released include:
- filling and rectifying the income tax declaration in the e-CAC environment;
- copy of the declaration and delivery receipt;
- copy of transmitted files;
- viewing the receipt number;
- visualization of fine mesh issues;
- delivery of documents to regularize the situation with the tax authorities;
- consultation of Individual Income Tax debts;
- issuance of a Tax Collection Document (Darf).
already from the day March, 15, taxpayers with a silver or gold account will also have access to the pre-filled Income Tax return on the e-CAC. In this mode, the IRS sends a form with data collected in statements sent by companies, financial institutions, real estate and doctors.
It is up to the taxpayer to confirm or make adjustments to the information before submitting the income tax return.
As stated before, the new services were released for contributors with a silver or gold level in the Portal Gov.br. Available to all Brazilians, login has three levels: bronze (less sensitive services), silver (access to many digital services) and gold (access to all digital services).
Accounts registered based on information from the Individual Taxpayer Registry (CPF), the National Social Security Institute (INSS) or made in person at the INSS units or the National Traffic Department (Denatran) are considered bronze level.
To reach silver level you will need validation from one of the three sources below:
- driver’s license facial biometrics;
- Sigepe registration (in the case of public servants);
- bank details of one of the seven banks associated with Portal Gov.br (Banco do Brasil, Banrisul, Bradesco, BRB, Caixa Econômica Federal, Santander and Sicoob).
Already to reach gold leveltaxpayers must have their accounts validated with facial biometrics from the Electoral Justice or by a digital certificate compatible with ICP-Brasil.
Attention to the 2022 Income Tax deadline
It is worth remembering that, this year, taxpayers will have less time to report to the tax authorities than in previous years. The deadline for the IR, mandatory for workers, retirees and public servants who had taxable income of more than BRL 28,559.70 in 2021starts at 8 am on March 7 and goes to 11:59 pm on April 29.
Whoever sends the declaration after this deadline must pay a fine of R$ 165.74 or 20% of the tax due, whichever is greater.
So don’t falter!
Source: Brazil Agency