The FRITZ!Box 6850 5G is one of the routers more versatile and more interesting currently offered by AVM. This model is ready to work with 4G LTE mobile connectivity and also with the new 5G standard, which makes it an ideal solution for those who want to always be connected to the Internet, without having to worry about the status of their wired connection.
AVM has kept the classic spirit of its routers in the FRITZ! Box 6850 5G, something that can be seen both in its design and in its color scheme. This router combines a white finish with red details, and has the classic connection indicator lights. It is accompanied by two adjustable external antennas that improve the gain, and it has a wide range of connectors that we are going to discover below:
- Mini SIM card slot.
- 4 Gigabit LAN ports.
- Port for analog telephony.
- USB 3.0 connector for accessories, such as printers or storage units.
The FRITZ!Box 6850 5G can work as a high-performance router, as well as a telephone exchange and DECT base. Thanks to your operating system FRITZ!OS offers a wide variety of interesting security, management and control functions. It also puts at our disposal the service MyFRITZ! that will allow us to access the router from anywhere, we can create our private cloud with FRITZ! NAS and build a mesh network (Wi-Fi Mesh) effortlessly.
Specifications and price of the FRITZ!Box 6850 5G
- 5G Router with 4×4 MIMO up to 1.3Gbps for bands n1 (2.1 GHz), n3 (1.8 GHz), n5 (850 MHz), n7 (2.6 GHz), n8 (900 MHz), n20 (800 MHz), n28 (700 MHz) , n38 (2.6 GHz), n40 (2.3 GHz), n41 (2.5 GHz), n78 (3.5 GHz).
- compatibility with Autonomous 5G and non-autonomous 5G (3GPP Release 15).
- Internet access via 4G (LTE CAT-16 modem) up to 1Gbps for bands 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 20, 28 and 32 (1.5 GHz), as well as TDD bands 38, 40, 41, 42 (3.5 GHz), 43 (3.7 GHz ).
- Compatible with Dynamic Spectrum Sharing (DSS) and UMTS/HSPA+ (3G).
- Dual Wi-Fi AC + N up to 1266Mbps.
- Tool of smart Alignment, which helps determine the optimal location and find the best alignment for cell towers.
- Two SMA connectors to install external antennas.
- Four Gigabit LAN ports and one USB 3.0 port.
- Telephone switchboard and DECT base for a maximum of six phones and home automation application support.
- Connection for analog telephone or fax.
- FRITZ!OS: with Wi-Fi Mesh support, parental control, media server, FRITZ!NAS, guest access to the wireless network, MyFRITZ! and much more.