GTA 6 is the most anticipated game on the planet, and yet, we don’t know much about it. It’s time to take stock of the future big production of Rockstar Games. Price, platforms, release date, gameplay details, find everything you need to know about GTA 6 here.
Latest GTA 6 News
GTA 6 has been talked about for many years already, but in the end, Rockstar Games didn’t say much. However, that didn’t stop some info from coming out. In this file, we will compile everything we know.
What is the release date of GTA 6?
No official release date has yet been announced for GTA 6. The game hasn’t even been unveiled, although we know that Rockstar likes to announce its titles more than a year in advance. So don’t expect it anytime soon.
Nevertheless, things are moving in 2022. Indeed, Rockstar seems to fear efforts to accelerate development. Over the summer, the studio began recruiting new employees en masse around the world. In addition, the latter ended up canceling the remaster of Red Read Redemption 2 on PS5 and Xbox Series precisely to focus on the development of GTA 6.
In July 2022, the ever-informed reporter Tom Henderson reported that Rockstar was aiming for either a 2024 or 2025 release. That seems likely.
What platforms will the game be released on?
GTA 6 should logically be exclusively for next-gen consoles, namely the PS5 and Xbox Series X. Given the estimated release date, it wouldn’t really be the surprise of the century. However, nothing is yet recorded and we can only assume.
From a technical point of view, it would be amazing to see GTA 6 released in 2024 or 2025 on two generations at once. The next-gen will be well installed by then. As for the PC version, it will certainly take to wait a little. Rockstar has a habit of releasing its computer games about a year after the console release.
Regarding a possible release of GTA VI on the Xbox Game Pass as soon as the title is launched, the boss of Take-Two has made his positions known on the subject. For him, Microsoft’s platform is not aimed at “frontline” games, although he doesn’t seem definitive on the matter saying that “we’ll see”.
The safest information about GTA 6
From GTA 6, Rockstar only communicated on one point: the game is in development. The studio did not say more, but at least we are now sure that the machine is launched. After a GTA 5 that lasted ten years (the game having been released on PS5 and Xbox Series X), the developers have finally decided to take the next step.
On July 27, 2022, Jason Schreier (Bloomberg), one of the most trusted video game journalists on the planet, published a long article about the corporate culture change at Rockstar Games. He took advantage of it to provide some information about the game. Rockstar seems to have changed a lot in recent months. A 180 degree turn after the crunch and toxic culture scandals that made headlines in 2018 when Red Dead Redemption 2 was released. hired contractors and would be more considerate of the well-being of its employees.
This new policy would have consequences for GTA 6. First, development would take longer (employees no longer working 100 hours a week, which happened on RDR 2) and the game would be more “inclusive”. This means that Rockstar will no longer be humorous about minorities like before. Moreover, these changes have already been seen on GTA 5 new gen. In short, things are moving internally, according to Schreier.
The journalist gives some valuable clues about GTA 6. It’s not much, but it gives us an idea of the contours of the future opus:
- The code name for the game would be Project Americas.
- The game would take place in Vice City and its surroundings. As a reminder, Vice City is a pastiche of Miami, just as Los Santos from GTA 5 was a parody of Los Angeles.
- The map would be scalable. Cities and missions would be added over time after release. This would allow teams to avoid the crunch, but also to keep players involved over several years.
- The map would be large and include a lot more interiors than previous games. It would therefore be possible to explore a good number of buildings, where the old titles left us outside most of the time.
- One of the playable characters would be a woman. Originally from Latin America, she would be part of a couple at Bonnie and Clyde. We can speculate on a gameplay based on several characters as in GTA 5. Note also that the presence of a female protagonist has created a controversy on Twitter and social networks, since many users have expressed their dissatisfaction.
This file is obviously bound to evolve according to official announcements or possible new leaks. We’ve been waiting for a sequel to GTA V for nine years now, and hopefully Rockstar will give us more information about the sequel soon.