Before adding by Konami of the name eFootball to PES 2020, then the arrival of PES 2021 as an update to the previous version of the game and now the definitive transformation of the famous football simulation of the Japanese giant.
After 20 years Pro Evolution Soccer and the brand PES therefore gives way to eFootball, the new incarnation of the football videogame that becomes free to play, cross platform and totally digital.
Goodbye PES, welcome eFootball
Konami, also planning a precise roadmap for the release of content and features starting next autumn, reveals that eFootball will have a completely new graphics engine based on the Unreal Engine, openly declaring the vocation for the eSports environment.
It all started with the ambitious goal of establishing a reference point for videogame football. We were determined to recreate the ultimate football experience, from the grass on the pitch to the movements of the players, through to the stadium crowd. To achieve this revolutionary goal, we have designed a new game engine, with a revised animation system and improved controls.
The end result impressed us even more than we thought. We have exceeded the limits of PES and entered a new dimension of virtual football. To symbolize the beginning of a new era, we have left our beloved PES brand behind and renamed it “eFootball”!
We hope you enjoy the new football experience that only eFootball can offer.
Main features of the new PES
Free to play and cross-platform
To allow all fans to engage in exciting head to head, eFootball adopts the free to play model on multiple devices! Also, in the near future it will become entirely cross-platform, so everyone can have fun together no matter what device they own. eFootball will take esports to the next level, becoming the ultimate football experience!
Get ready for the new generation
Outstanding graphics and total immersion on next-gen consoles like PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X | S!
eFootbal will be available on PlayStation5, PlayStation4, Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, Xbox One, Windows 10 (PC), Steam (PC), iOS and Android.
The eFootball content roadmap
- Revolutionized gaming experience powered by the Unreal® Engine
- Cross-Generation Matchmaking (PlayStation®5 vs. PlayStation®4, Xbox Series X | S vs. Xbox One, etc.)
- Local match with FC Barcelona, Juventus, FC Bayern, Manchester United and other clubs
- Cross-platform matchmaking between console and PC (PlayStation®5 vs. Xbox Series X | S, PlayStation®5 vs. PC Steam®, etc)
- Team Building mode (Name to be confirmed) available – build your team by purchasing players
- Online Championships (Name to be confirmed) available – take to the field with your team to compete globally
- Match Pass System – Earn items and players by playing eFootball™
- Added support for mobile controllers
- Full cross-platform matchmaking between all available platforms, including mobile devices when used with a compatible controller.
- I start professional and amateur eSports tournaments