The Redmond giant has released a set of firmware updates for the Surface Laptop 4 in its version with an AMD chip, which represents an important fine-tuning that not only boosts stability, but also increases performance and overall improves the experience of using the device.
The list of changes is quite extensive, but we can see it perfectly summarized in this list that we are going to share with you below:
- Surface – Firmware – 188.8.131.52: Surface UEFI – Firmware.
- Surface – Firmware – 184.108.40.206: Surface PD Controller – Firmware.
- Surface -Firmware – 220.127.116.11: Surface System Aggregator – Firmware.
- Surface – Firmware – 0.0.0.88: Surface SMF – 15 inches.
- Surface – Firmware – 0.0.0.86: Surface SMF – 13 inches.
- Intel Corporation – Bluetooth – 18.104.22.168: Intel (R) Wireless Bluetooth – Bluetooth.
- Intel – Net – 22.214.171.124: Intel (R) Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160MHz – Network Adapters.
- Surface – System – 126.96.36.199: Surface Serial Hub Controller – System Devices.
- Surface – Human Interface Devices – 188.8.131.52: Surface Pen Adaptive Controller.
- BLE LC – Human Interface Devices.
- Surface -System – 184.108.40.206: Surface Integration Service Device – System Devices.
- Surface – System – 220.127.116.11: Surface Integration – System Devices.
- Surface – Firmware – 18.104.22.168: Surface Dock 2 Firmware Update – Firmware.
- Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. – Display – 27.20.14053.1: AMD Radeon (TM) Graphics Display Adapter.
- Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. – System – 22.214.171.124: AMD Crash Defender – System Devices.
As we can deduce from the list that we have just seen, this new firmware also introduces improvements affecting Wi-Fi 6 and Bluetooth connectivity, to the graphics performance and proper operation of the Radeon GPU.
These firmware updates for the Surface Laptop 4 are gradually beginning to reach users of the Surface Laptop 4 who have upgraded to the version of Windows 10 October 2020 Update, or a superior one. If you don’t have that version of Windows 10 installed on your computer, you will need to update to it before you can install the new firmware.
In case you have already updated to that version of Windows 10, and this new firmware does not appear as available on your Surface Laptop 4, do not worry, it is being the subject of a gradual deployment, so it is normal that it takes a few days to reach everyone.