Why isn’t Facebook working?
The problems that we may encounter while we are using this social network may be due to many different reasons, among which may be those caused by ourselves, a failure of our mobile phone or even those that are due to a global error on the part of the platform.
In any case, since Facebook is such a globalized service, many of these inconveniences are repeated a lot. Therefore, some of the most widespread may be the following:
- Access issues: a clear example of this occurs when we forget our username, email with which we subscribe or our password.
- Account hacked or deactivatedAlthough it may seem like an inconvenience related to the previous one, as we cannot access our profile normally, it is something that could become much more serious than it might seem a priori. We could get to see (from a friend’s account) strange publications on our profile, that we begin to follow other users that we do not know about anything, etc. Although hey, don’t panic, maybe your account was simply deactivated by Facebook for breaking some community rule.
- Content does not load: that we enter this social network but the content is not updated is a fairly common and very uncomfortable failure. These failures are usually closely related to failures with the internet connection.
- Facebook is constantly shutting down: This type of problem may be due to a failure caused by our own device.
What to do when Facebook fails?
These problems that we mentioned are the most common that we can find when using Facebook. But, luckily, most of them can be solved, which is exactly what we want to talk about now.
I can’t log into Facebook, what do I do?
The first error of all (and one of the most common) is one that does not allow us to log into our account. This problem can be generated for different reasons and, therefore, has different solutions:
- You do not remember your username or password: here the solution is very simple. Just press the start option “Have you forgotten the password?” and, from there, you will have to follow the steps that Facebook indicates. These will have to do with sending a recovery email to your mail, a text message to your phone if your mobile number was linked to your account, etc.
- Hacked account: In the event that you are not careful with a possible cyber attack, it is more than likely that someone will try to annoy you by hacking your Facebook account. If you think this could be the problem you are suffering from, you should enter your email with which you registered on Facebook as quickly as possible and change the password for this email. Why? Well, because if that hacker has entered your Facebook, who tells you that he does not also have access to your email account. This could turn out to be an even more serious failure than you expect, so take care of the email and then there will be time to report on this social network, through your platform for this type of problem, that you have been Hacked.
- Account deactivated or disabledOn the other hand, if Facebook disabled your account, it is probably because you have violated any of the community rules, or well, it may be that they did it by mistake. If you think the latter has happened, you just have to follow step by step what Facebook proposes in its user help platform. But, if you violated any of those rules such as insulting someone, harassing them or similar actions, we recommend that you do not waste time trying to recover the account because you will not succeed.
Facebook does not load or closes constantly
Like any other service or app used by millions of users, it is normal that the service may suffer certain internal problems or that on certain phones it has a problem to function. The failure may come from our own internet connection, problems with background tasks that do not work properly on the phone or an error that comes from the operating system itself.
Here are the steps you must follow, in order, to try to eliminate any of the problems that we have just mentioned:
- Check that your phone is Conected to internet and that this connection works normally. The test is as simple as opening any other social network and checking if the new content loads on it or, directly, go to Google from the mobile browser app and perform any search. If this works, move on to the next step.
- Close and reopen the Facebook app. Sometimes, some of the application processes of this social network may not run correctly. To try to fix it you will have to close it completely. To do this, you must remove it from multitasking or even force stop if you have an Android phone:
- With an iPhone: Swipe from the bottom of the screen to the center and hold for a couple of seconds for multitasking to unfold. Now slide the Facebook app up so that it disappears and reopen the Facebook app.
- With an Android: Depending on the phone model, multitasking can be deployed in various ways. If you are clear on how to do it, close the app from here and then reopen it. But, in case you want to make sure that you closed it completely, the best thing is “Force close”. An option that you must access from the phone’s settings, then enter the applications section and, here, locate the Facebook app to open it. Finally, you will see the option to “Force close”, press it and you’re done.
- Update the Facebook app: many times we completely forget to update the applications of our smartphone and, if they are not activated so that they are carried out automatically, they can trigger a problem. You just have to enter your phone’s application store and, from here, look for the list of apps that need to be updated (depending on your operating system, it will be in one section or another).
- Restart the phone: if the failure is due to an error in the operating system of your mobile, you will have to restart it to enter Facebook again or for it to work normally. On mobiles with Android It is as simple as holding down the button to turn off the screen for a few seconds to bring up a new menu, then you must click on “Restart” and that’s it. Instead, if you have a iPhone, the action is not as simple as turning it off and on, but you will have to do what is known as a “Respring” or forced restart. We tell you how to do it in the video that we leave you right above.
- Uninstall Facebook: If you have come this far and the rest of the solutions have not come to fruition, you have to try a somewhat more radical solution: uninstall and re-download the app. This can be done through the application store of your phone.
How to know if Facebook is down?
It is very likely that the term «fallen»Talking about social networks. This means that its servers have had a problem and that, massively, thousands or millions of people cannot make normal use of, as is the case, Facebook.
If you want to know if the service of this social network is down, the fastest option may be to ask someone else if they can use their account normally. Or, for example, we can also go to other social networks such as Twitter, where the news that Facebook has stopped working globally is a very hot topic at any time.
Finally, the definitive option is to use pages that can inform us of the operating status of Facebook. One of them is the website of Isitdownrightnow that, upon entering, a green icon with the word “UP” may appear (operation is correct), or a red symbol that has the word “DOWN” inside it (Facebook servers are down).