Distractions are one of the main causes of road accidents, distractions that make us lose attention for a second in the race at high speed with devastating consequences. Therefore, in this article, we are going to analyze two applications and a native system from Apple that help us focus during a long trip:
This application developed by Marco Arment, available for iOS and also for other platforms, whose themes have reached a great popularity among users due to its clean design, intuitive user interface, and a number of characteristics which makes it highly recommended.
- Apple Watch Integration: if you have an Apple Watch, you can control content playback from your wrist, which can be useful while driving.
- Create custom lists: You can create your own podcast playlists, allowing you to organize your favorite podcasts the way you like. This means you don’t have to look at your phone every time an episode ends.
- Voice boost: This feature normalizes the volume, which can be useful if you’re listening to a podcast that has variations in volume to avoid having noise clippings at certain times and too much level at others.
Live Saber is an application designed to minimize distractions with your mobile phone while you drive and that allows customize message delivery and calls when you are arriving at your destination. Let’s see some of its main features:
- Mobile Phone Lock: LifeSaver can detect when you’re driving and automatically block the use of your phone to prevent distractions. In this way, there is no exogenous element to the race that makes you lose attention.
- Arrival Alerts and Driver Tracking: This feature is great for parents and loved ones, since when the children arrive at their destination, they receive a notification from the app that they have arrived. Furthermore, it enables driver tracking so that parents can monitor their children’s driving habits.
- Reporting Dashboard: The app can block all notifications and set default functions, set emergency calls and alerts in case of an accident.
The iPhone itself and its Do Not Disturb mode
Apple, with its way Do not bother, is Apple’s native option to avoid accidents at the wheel due to the multiple functions to avoid distractions that it includes in said Mode. This function responds as an application within the native functions of Apple, since it allows you to carry out different activities that we are going to describe below:
- Activation: You can activate the do not disturb mode from your Settings window. Once inside, you can determine that it activates when the iPhone detects a movement that could be a vehicle. You can also do it when the iPhone connects to the car’s Bluetooth and, finally, manually.
- Automatic message sending: You can determine automatic messages within the Settings and click on Do not disturb going to the bottom of everything. This allows you to set automatic responses to messages, where you can set whether you want to send them to everyone, just your recent contacts, or everyone. This function is only available for the Messages app, but you can do it in WhatsApp and Telegram by invoking Siri.
- Apple Watch: If you have an Apple Watch, you can get notifications on your wrist so you can get all the information quickly without taking your eyes off the road.